Jonathan Calleri

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Why do all of our transfers turn into bloody soap operas?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Can we just get on with signing a decent striker please? Over a week of the window has now elapsed and all we hear about is one South American pipedream after another. Why does It always seems to be so bloody difficult with us, at least as far as signing strikers is concerned?

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Whatever happens, and I am officially confused, it looks as if Calleri's complex ownership arrangements might well derail his career

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Whatever happens, and I am officially confused, it looks as if Calleri's complex ownership arrangements might well derail his career

I actually feel a tiny bit of sympathy for calleri in all this. Seems to have no say whatsoever in his present or future

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Can we just get on with signing a decent striker please? Over a week of the window has now elapsed and all we hear about is one South American pipedream after another. Why does It always seems to be so bloody difficult with us, at least as far as signing strikers is concerned?

Exactly. It's like Groundhog Day, we should refuse to SING anyone South American now on principle.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I actually feel a tiny bit of sympathy for calleri in all this. Seems to have no say whatsoever in his present or future

I was thinking this earlier. It's almost a case that his preferred move might actually be to us so that he can at least be owned outright and then have some say over his future. for the sake of 18months in the Championship he would then have a lot of options if he performs well

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Can we now consign this embarrassing thread to the bin? Why would a South American with flair wish to join the pile of shite that is now BHA?

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Its a shame our loss in form has co-incided with our apparent inability to sign a quality striker, i had along with many others hoped that any deal would have been done early, false hope all round. Happy with Ridgewell and Knockeart, but along with others we need that striker and January is an awful time to buy. I have no idea who our targets are, but if we were prepared to sign two South Amersicans for in excess of 12-13M, perhaps we should gamble on proven ability at this level. I would have gone for McCormack, expensive, but can play upfront or in behind a striker and scores goals.Sad that many are moaning and saying our season is over, still plenty of time to make playoffs. Will the recruitment team now push harder this week, or will Tony change his mind......... on the spending planned? Lets be honest very few know, which i quite like, but at this momnet is very frustrating for all of us. We could do with some positive news in the next day or so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports