Jonathan Calleri

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Sorry to disappoint the conspiracy theorists, but I am not affiliated to the club in any way, either officially nor unofficially. Alas, I'm just an average Johnny, and not even a 1901 member. I'm just another F5 basher, trying to cut trough all the misinformation, make believe and general bollox that makes up 99% of this thread.

From what I have gleaned so far, we probably are after him. We probably bid around $10,000,000. We probably offered a 3.5 year contract of £14,000 a week. He probably would rather go to Inter. His dad / agent is probably trying to do what is best for his son / client.

In my opinion, the sticking point is wages, after all, they have yet to tell us to do one. If £14k is enough to peak their interest, then perhaps Tony should break the clubs perceived wage structure to get his man. £20k a week might be enough to seal the deal?

But even if we don't get JC, there are always more fish in the sea, and $10,000,000 buys you a whole lot of sushi.

At last, someone who seems to be level headed.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
This highlights why we need to go abroad to find value. This sort of cash could not buy the likes of Rhodes, McCormack, Austin, Gray, Hernandez or Martin. I doubt it would even get us Kodjia. We don't have a top Championship striker yet, this is the reason why we are no longer in the automatic promotion positions.

You're spot on there and this is why the club has a player recruitment & analysis department, so we don't have to pay over the odds for the same old names. The club invests in a scouting network to save money going for the obvious names we could all through into the mix.

How many of us would have even heard of Leo Ulloah before he lit up the Amex?

I'm sure their are dozens of players at least as good as those you have mentioned, available for well under their asking price, and I'm in no doubt that Paul Winstanley has got all their agents on speed dial.

The important thing now is not can we afford them, it's can the club convince them of our ambition. I think we will see just how high that ambition goes once the transfer window closes. This is going to be a big few weeks for the club.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Surely, Tony's cheque book will come out? we just don't have the quality we need up front. Still, without JC and MB coming, I'm not sure where we'll turn. Anyone got any ideas?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
He'll probably be in the crowd at Rotherham tonight. Buenos Aires to Rotherham.

The target Jonathan Calleri follows undefined. A meeting lasted until the end of the night this Monday, in Buenos Aires, but ended unanswered.

know more

Parties involved in the meeting said that progress has been made for him to be player of the Athletic for the next six months, but there are other competitors. Two teams from Brazil and two from Italy are on the list.

A new meeting will take place on the afternoon of Tuesday, and can set the striker situation.

Calleri must be purchased by a European group and be on loan. The Inter Milan striker's likely destination in the second half, would not have space for all the athlete at the time. A similar situation occurred with the defender Otamendi, who played in the Rooster in 2014.

The president of Deportivo Maldonado, a club that would serve as a bridge to the purchase of the rights, spoke to the report, but said he could not carry information. Federico Alvira strictly follows the decisions of a corporation which governs the Uruguayan team. The field of is an English group.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Two more Brazilian clubs are now interested, and us?

Pablo Gravellone ‏@gravep 3m
Jonathan Calleri se entrena en Boca. Dos clubes de Brasil (aparte de Mineiro) entraron a tallar como destino. Y llaman desde Inglaterra.

Jonathan Calleri trains in Boca . Two clubs in Brazil (apart from Mineiro ) entered carve destination . And they call from England .

(6+K followers)

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Two more Brazilian clubs are now interested, and us?

Pablo Gravellone ‏@gravep 3m
Jonathan Calleri se entrena en Boca. Dos clubes de Brasil (aparte de Mineiro) entraron a tallar como destino. Y llaman desde Inglaterra.

Jonathan Calleri trains in Boca . Two clubs in Brazil (apart from Mineiro ) entered carve destination . And they call from England .

(6+K followers)

Was just going to post this. No idea what the bit I've highlighted means.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
http://espn.uol.com.br/noticia/5696...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

To profit from R $ 42 million, Boca want to guarantee that Calleri not go to Atletico-MG
The Boca Juniors are already aware that not follow with Jonathan Calleri. The striker, scorer of the team in 2015, must be purchased by a group of entrepreneurs that will transfer probably Inter Milan. For six months, however, he should be loaned to any other team.

And therein lies the impasse for the outcome of the negotiation. On Monday, Atletico-MG appeared the favorite to get the player in the first half of 2015. The Boca, in turn, stamped her foot and want to guarantee investors that Calleri will not be borrowed for a possible rival.
The information is the journalist Juan Pablo Méndez, the daily Olé, the same as the attacker approached the mining team on Monday. He said the Boca does not want to strengthen a team that can be your opponent in the Copa Libertadores. A meeting on Tuesday is that it should end the story.
Financially, the business is quite advantageous to Boca. Pablo Osvaldo and Carlos Tevez to form his attack in 2016, the Argentine team hired Calleri in July 2014, next to All Boys for only $ 1.5 million. Now the sale is speculated around US $ 12 million.
If confirmed the operation by the 22 year old striker, earnings Boca would be 10.5 million, more than R $ 42 million in the current share price, in just 18 months.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 14.14.46.png

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Is that a case of us signing Miller, and therefore closing the door on Calleri?

Or Bolanos being purchased and it being another door closed on us (including calleri)

Or, neither... or a load of nonsense?

I read it as us signing Bolanos. Other Argentinian Twitter accounts have translated it as the same.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I read it as we have told Calleri to do one and have shifted our interest to Bolanos.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is that a case of us signing Miller, and therefore closing the door on Calleri?

Or Bolanos being purchased and it being another door closed on us (including calleri)

Or, neither... or a load of nonsense?
It says we've signed Bolanos.

It then makes the assumption that we've locked the door on Calleri, and maybe we have ( or maybe not ).

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
http://www.radiosucre.com.ec/miller-bolanos-en-una-semana-mas-se-sabra-mi-futuro-audio-video/

Bolaños has considered its course in the Club Sport Emelec and it is time to take on new challenges.

"I'm working, waiting for my future is defined ... as a player when I came here I came to win many things with Emelec, I think I got a triple championship ... As a player you expect something else and now only hope a future transfer to demonstrate the international football "

According to "Killer" "In a week we will know my future, I'm working, putting so well in hand when I physically linked to a computer does not lose that status"

Regarding rumors that the English club Brighton have signed Bolaños, he said that is one of the schools concerned and that there is still nothing concrete.

"They are managing several options it is waiting only a concrete, there are several teams that want my services, I am calm, the leadership told me to be quiet, they are waiting for the best deal," he said.

He further stated "Yet they (leaders Emelec) is not satisfied with the proposals that have come, I think they want an offer of what they are asking, one player getting desperate, but I am calm, putting well in the physical part ".

When she asked where he prefers to play said "I prefer European football, but do not rule I believe Brazil is a very competitive league."

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I read it as we have told Calleri to do one and have shifted our interest to Bolanos.

Yep this, and not before time. There comes a time when the risk of being used as a pawn in the hope that we might actually land him is outweighed by the time wasting, not to mention that it has become obvious that his heart isn't really in joining us.

Time to move on to another totally unrealistic target (before finally settling on Gary Madine). :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports