Jonathan Calleri

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
He has now deleted it but it was something like "Can't beat 3am alarm calls".

I'm sure he is well aware of how that may be interpreted by some, which is probably why it has now been deleted.

I'm not sure the club want one of their own to be seen to be doing anything to heighten fan expectations.

Fire blanket approach?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know. Bloke makes a tweet about being up at 3.00; could be for toothache, an alarm going off, or a crying toddler, In fine NSC fashion, he's hotfooting to Heathrow to meet a plane. Marvellous scenes
No one was being serious were they? This thread became a parody long ago.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
IF someone came in to Heathrow this morning the question would still be WHO?
Two very real possibilities still.
Intriguing.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He has now deleted it but it was something like "Can't beat 3am alarm calls".

I'm sure he is well aware of how that may be interpreted by some, which is probably why it has now been deleted.

I'm not sure the club want one of their own to be seen to be doing anything to heighten fan expectations.

Still there for me 4 hours ago Paul Winstanley "loves a 3am get up!"

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
IMG_0726.PNG

:moo:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The bloke is a massive wind up and he knows full well the attention he is getting. Probably sat there reading this thread at Amex Towers pissing himself

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I see Calleri as the sidecar type, with gogglescreen wipers ridding his eye-protectors from a myriad of insects, his gentle hair always a-flow in the wintry wind. Word has it that, to fit in, he's been on V-sign training so that any UK vehicle user that annoys him can get the message clearly and know they've been Calleried.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just 14 hours ago on HITC website, would that not be him leaving Argentina ?

According to the latest reports from Calciomercato, Brighton and Hove Albion have launched a $10 million [roughly £7 million] for Boca Juniors top scorer Jonathan Calleri.

The Italian editorial claim how the Seagulls have tracked the striker for a while and are seeking to sign him ahead of Italian competitors Bologna and league leaders Inter Milan.
“The Italians have hesitations, and they’ve allowed other suitors to come in. Brighton, yesterday, presented a new offer of $10 million [roughly £7 million] for the 22-year-old striker,” the report states.

Brighton are currently in the hunt for an automatic promotion place, sitting in fourth place in the Championship table and just four points off Derby County in second.
After going an incredible 21 league games unbeaten from the start of the campaign, Chris Hughton’s side have now gone six games without a win and four games without scoring a goal.

New additions are evidently needed in January if they harbour hopes of a top two finish, and a striker is seemingly top of their wish-list following the signing of winger Anthony Knockaert.
Calleri would be a superb signing, and one which would undoubtedly make a statement to their fellow Championship rivals considering his current talent and huge potential.

The 22-year-old striker has scored 23 goals in 60 league appearances for Boca, topping the club’s scoring charts and earning widespread praise among the Argentine media outlets.
The report in Calciomercato go on to say that Brighton have offered the striker a very tempting three-year contract with the possibility of doubling his wages on the basis of promotion to the Premier League.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
The bloke is a massive wind up and he knows full well the attention he is getting. Probably sat there reading this thread at Amex Towers pissing himself

If i was in his role id do that. Who wouldnt? Tweet something and wind up the masses.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If i was in his role id do that. Who wouldnt? Tweet something and wind up the masses.

Agreed.

That said.... we do know that Paul Winstanley was in South America end of last year scouting so he clearly has been active out there and in this transfer

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I expect the Michael Owen suite at the Grand Hotel is in preparation as we type..

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
I know. Bloke makes a tweet about being up at 3.00; could be for toothache, an alarm going off, or a crying toddler, In fine NSC fashion, he's hotfooting to Heathrow to meet a plane. Marvellous scenes

However - even though Twitter has convinced us all of the vital need to share messages of mind-numbing irrelevance - even I'm not sure I'd be reaching for the phone at 4.54am to inform the planet that my toddler is crying and has woken me up. This strange guy wanted attention for some purpose - and worrying indeed that he seems to be getting it for no obvious reason yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports