Jonathan Calleri

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
In true holding the shirt fashion, unless he had said EU passport in clear view he could justve been there making the application

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So his DadAgent is a Bologna fan whose dream is for his son to play for them somehow. Fair enough.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So his DadAgent is a Bologna fan whose dream is for his son to play for them somehow. Fair enough.

This is it I reckon, plus of Italian descent.

There was a tweeted pic of them both sat on a plane last night and a few 'safe trip' kind of posts........dad is probably touting the lad around Europe

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is it I reckon, plus of Italian descent.

There was a tweeted pic of them both sat on a plane last night and a few 'safe trip' kind of posts........dad is probably touting the lad around Europe

Tanno was Argentinian with an Italian father, so Calleri could have Italian descent which qualifies him for an Italian passport.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Tanno was Argentinian with an Italian father, so Calleri could have Italian descent which qualifies him for an Italian passport.

Exactly:

Argentina is a multiethnic society, which means that it is home to people of many different ethnic backgrounds. As a result, Argentines do not consider their nationality as an ethnicity but as a citizenship with various ethnicities.

The most common ethnic groups are Italian and Spanish (including Galicians and Basques). It is estimated that up to 25 million Argentines, up to 60% of the total population, have Italian ancestry, wholly or in part.

(From Wiki)

Not unreasonable to assume that Will & John consider themselves Italian and would like to go 'home'.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Am I right in thinking Serie A isn't in a particularly good state at the moment? There are only 6 teams in the league that have a higher average attendance than us.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
When I was working in BA someone told me that the typical Argentinian wants to be British, pretends to be Italian, speaks Spanish, dresses like a Frenchman and lives in an Argentinian house (or something like that anyway, I might have mixed them up).

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Exactly:

Argentina is a multiethnic society, which means that it is home to people of many different ethnic backgrounds. As a result, Argentines do not consider their nationality as an ethnicity but as a citizenship with various ethnicities.

The most common ethnic groups are Italian and Spanish (including Galicians and Basques). It is estimated that up to 25 million Argentines, up to 60% of the total population, have Italian ancestry, wholly or in part.

(From Wiki)

Not unreasonable to assume that Will & John consider themselves Italian and would like to go 'home'.
So if we signed an Argentinian Patagonian of Welsh descent, we wouldn't have any problem getting him clearance to play for us? There you go, Tony, that's the route to follow. Although the Welsh FA would probably insist that they gave him international clearance.:smile:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
So if we signed an Argentinian Patagonian of Welsh descent, we wouldn't have any problem getting him clearance to play for us? There you go, Tony, that's the route to follow. Although the Welsh FA would probably insist that they gave him international clearance.:smile:

Two weeks minimum with them clowns

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
FFS 2746 posts and we still don't know if this bloke is remotely interested in coming to Europe let alone us its turning from a redherring into a red whale.
beginning to get very frustrated
so lets get Leo back on loan with the probability of signing him permanatly if we go up

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Whilst I have kept up and remained intrigued by the 275 pages of drivel, I would rather see a 6-7m bid for Ulloa put in. I am hopeful he would love to return, has a business here, knows the club, scored goals and would do so in this much improved team. I know wages would be an issue but if we get to the promised land it would not matter.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
If this (inevitably) comes to nothing do we know who else we are interested in? Does sound like we want to spend a bit on a striker somewhere

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Whilst I have kept up and remained intrigued by the 275 pages of drivel, I would rather see a 6-7m bid for Ulloa put in. I am hopeful he would love to return, has a business here, knows the club, scored goals and would do so in this much improved team. I know wages would be an issue but if we get to the promised land it would not matter.

???

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Exactly:

(From Wiki)

All this explains why Argentina and Italy compete in Rugby. The Welsh took the game to South America, and the Italians learnt it.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
If this (inevitably) comes to nothing do we know who else we are interested in? Does sound like we want to spend a bit on a striker somewhere

I just hope that we have a top striker lined up, that he will be here soon and that we will not have a word before he comes to avoid 275 pages of this on/off saga!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
With Inter seemingly out of the running purely because the rules don't allow signing someone in group ownership it's hard to see how any European club could take Calleri unless the various factions who own a bit of him are prepared to give up their rights......... And if they were he would surely go to Italy first. After losing today Inter are under increasing pressure to bring in some scoring talent and would have to be favourites if there's a way round the rule book.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Ulloa, based on his performances for Leicester, is worth around what we bought him for and nowhere near what he was sold for :lolol:
£2m or maybe a very little more in the current market. I'd love him back but not at £6-7m!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Screen Shot 2016-01-10 at 13.36.14.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports