Jonathan Calleri

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
If, and it's a big if, we have bid again you would have to presume we've got some kind of nod from the player that he is willing to come here . :???:

I would imagine its more to do with parties wanting to make money then the player wanting to leave Boca for English Div 2! Sounds like Tevez & Mascherano situation to me.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I would imagine its more to do with parties wanting to make money then the player wanting to leave Boca for English Div 2! Sounds like Tevez & Mascherano situation to me.

A lot of money to throw at a player who doesn't want to come.

Wasn't that Icelandic clown in charge of the Ammers when Tevez signed? I doubt he cared if he wanted to come or not, but TB? I'd be surprised

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A lot of money to throw at a player who doesn't want to come.

Wasn't that Icelandic clown in charge of the Ammers when Tevez signed? I doubt he cared if he wanted to come or not, but TB? I'd be surprised

Tevez was brilliant for the hammers that season, kept them up more or less single handedly

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Tevez was brilliant for the hammers that season, kept them up more or less single handedly

Not disputing that, just their ownership probably didn't care whether the players wanted to come or not, they just wanted to spend and look like big doing it.

I don't see TB doing the same, chasing a player for what is mega money for us if he didn't want to be here

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Not disputing that, just their ownership probably didn't care whether the players wanted to come or not, they just wanted to spend and look like big doing it.

I don't see TB doing the same, chasing a player for what is mega money for us if he didn't want to be here

Do you think he would care if he thought he would take us up?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I seem to remember Martin Samuel pointing out that wasn't actually true. It was an article about the latest whining from Warnock about the Tevez signing pointing out that Warnock played weakened teams v certain opponents, assuming they'd lose against (I think) Man Utd anyway, so gave players a rest, even though United had been shown to be vulnerable to struggling teams. He then also said that West Ham got fewer points when he played than when he didn't, showing he wasn't the reason Hammers stayed up.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Do you think he would care if he thought he would take us up?

Think TB is smarter than thinking blowing big money on one kid is going to guarantee promotion .

He never stands in a players way if they want to leave, he only wants players who want to be here.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
If Inter doesnt happen who says he wont want to be here?

That was my original point, you'd think if we've gone in again then the player/agent must have let it be known that he's open to joining now the Inter deal looks dead

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Think TB is smarter than thinking blowing big money on one kid is going to guarantee promotion .

He never stands in a players way if they want to leave, he only wants players who want to be here.

Im sure he is and buying any player guarantees nothing, but he likes a gamble.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
If he comes here and he's anywhere near as good as tevez he'll be in the premier league next year, hopefully with us but if not, my thoughts are that any bids in excess of ??? Will be written into any contract in case we don't get promoted.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Strange that there are so many Non Believers on NSC but NSC still post Calerri updates on Twitter. I just find it Bizarre, who handles the posting on Twitter? anyone know
[MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports