Jonathan Calleri

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Is it possible that Mr Bloom is playing poker with them? Now that inter have apparently pulled the plug on any deal for Calleri, and no firm interest from elsewhere, it would seem to be an ideal opportunity to drive down the price.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Is it possible that Mr Bloom is playing poker with them? Now that inter have apparently pulled the plug on any deal for Calleri, and no firm interest from elsewhere, it would seem to be an ideal opportunity to drive down the price.

Agreeing a fee with one seller is reasonably straight forward but getting a deal with the father, the agent, two football clubs, some other agents, Stellar group & the Mafia (or whatever bizarre rumored ownership arrangement Calleri's contract is tied to) is probably impossible for a European club.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Agreeing a fee with one seller is reasonably straight forward but getting a deal with the father, the agent, two football clubs, some other agents, Stellar group & the Mafia (or whatever bizarre rumored ownership arrangement Calleri's contract is tied to) is probably impossible for a European club.
You are probably right of course, I just felt that they have tried it on for so long, what with Arsenal, Chelsea and Inter Milan all being apparently interested and in the Inter case deal done, well all of that is now clearly bollocks.

If we were to sign another striker, and they then try to re-ignite the deal, we can say, well we don't need him so urgently now, so we will only pay xxx.

They do need to sort out their end, because at the moment they have a talented player, who is probably extremely pissed off, and will be worth considerably less when his contract runs out in a few months time.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You are probably right of course, I just felt that they have tried it on for so long, what with Arsenal, Chelsea and Inter Milan all being apparently interested and in the Inter case deal done, well all of that is now clearly bollocks.

If we were to sign another striker, and they then try to re-ignite the deal, we can say, well we don't need him so urgently now, so we will only pay xxx.

They do need to sort out their end, because at the moment they have a talented player, who is probably extremely pissed off, and will be worth considerably less when his contract runs out in a few months time.

You logic is quite rational - I'm not sure they use the same logic in South America when it comes to transfers. From the outside, it seems a European transfer would suit all; Boca need the cash, Calleri's other owners would get a financial windfall not available to them from a South American transfer and JC will vastly up his salary plus get the opportunity to showcase his talents in England in the hope of a future £100k+ per week deal. All seemingly positive! But I think this particular transfer web just can't be untangled. If we've been working on this for the best part of 2015, only for them to miss our deadline, we've probably given up.

Just a guess but I imagine JC & his Dagent took a hefty wad from some dodgy people for a share of his contract when he was earning very little. They may now be pissed off they can't get their move to Europe but that's what 3rd Party ownership does to you, they should not have taken the cash initially. Just say no!

All speculation, of course!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
This thread just wont die.

I wonder if Calleri will be the new Murray, linked with us in every window till the day he retires.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here