Jonathan Calleri

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
That, I'm afraid Bladders, is the 12 million dollar question.

We can only piece together so much information. We are witnessing player and agent power. Boca need to sell, we need to buy, agreement in principle in place, skeleton personal terms discussed, but the agent knows that if he hangs it out at Boca for 6 months then he can command a huge signing on fee (in lieu of transfer fee) next season. The loser is Boca, to the tune of millions. And us, although not in a financial sense. Player and agent power.

As we are into the last few hours now, i am even struggling to #hold the nerve myself...

To draw on Naylors use of the word - time to tell JCs agent to stop talking Bolanos - or else we will.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That, I'm afraid Bladders, is the 12 million dollar question.

We can only piece together so much information. We are witnessing player and agent power. Boca need to sell, we need to buy, agreement in principle in place, skeleton personal terms discussed, but the agent knows that if he hangs it out at Boca for 6 months then he can command a huge signing on fee (in lieu of transfer fee) next season. The loser is Boca, to the tune of millions. And us, although not in a financial sense. Player and agent power.

I still don't get why Boca NEED to sell. As you then go on to say, there's nothing the club can do about it if he decides to stay put. Sure, Boca would like to sell - they need the cash - but if JC holds out for Inter or else, there's nothing the club can do about it. And if were Inter's president/manager, I'd offer nothing this window knowing that I could pick the lad up a few months later for nothing

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
You have to say Boca could have royally screwed up here. They have an asset worth £10m or so, and they have let his contract run down to 6 months is it ? So he can leave for nothing. Whether they need the money now or not, they could potentially be flushing £10m down the toilet

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You have to say Boca could have royally screwed up here. They have an asset worth £10m or so, and they have let his contract run down to 6 months is it ? So he can leave for nothing. Whether they need the money now or not, they could potentially be flushing £10m down the toilet

If Calleri is part owned by a 3rd Party then they WILL sell, as they will lose all of their investment if he leaves on a free, surely?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well he's taking a risk if he runs down his contract. One nasty injury and it's game over for his career and earning. Perhaps a nice promotion bonus in England, and longer term financial security, could be tempting for now.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
If Calleri is part owned by a 3rd Party then they WILL sell, as they will lose all of their investment if he leaves on a free, surely?

I think this is the crux of it. I'm not sure he will be able to leave on a free, well not totally. Presumably the investment group that part owns him will be able to hold out for some kind of fee when he moves? Not too sure how things work with 3rd party ownership though - totally muddies the waters.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think this is the crux of it. I'm not sure he will be able to leave on a free, well not totally. Presumably the investment group that part owns him will be able to hold out for some kind of fee when he moves? Not too sure how things work with 3rd party ownership though - totally muddies the waters.
This is the Stellar group whose chairman Tony knows, of course.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
92 pages and still no answer.................................................................red herring I tell thee

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
The third party ownerships odd. I guess if his contract runs down Boca would be due nothing but he would still be owned by this third party so perhaps the hefty signing on fee for the player himself isnt quite so relevant in this situation. I would assume any club signing him would have to pay a hefty sum to the third party who own his registrationand currently lease that to Boca

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
92 pages and still no answer.................................................................red herring I tell thee

Maybe red herring. Maybe just the player holding out until the end of the period the offers on the table

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Paul Winstanley flying to BA is not a red herring. This is like a game of poker, waiting to see who blinks first, hence the deadline set by the Albion.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
If the offer runs out in 2 and a bit days would he not be visiting Brighton for a look by now if it was going to happen?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
If the offer runs out in 2 and a bit days would he not be visiting Brighton for a look by now if it was going to happen?

Possibly not yet if the negotiations thus far have taken place in south america and.the player has been training with Boca

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'm calling this one dead.

He'll wait 6 months then go to Inter for FREE and a nice signing on fee.

When does the Argie league start again?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm calling this one dead.

He'll wait 6 months then go to Inter for FREE and a nice signing on fee.

When does the Argie league start again?
Then again he may have already signed away his right to do that to Stellar Group ???

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
From Twitter:

#Angelici (Boca Chairman) : "We have an agreement with #Inter for July, #Calleri could stay with us 6 months longer but he wants to go abroad now"

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My speculation is that the deal is done with Stellar Group, unless the busy agent - who has touted Arsenal, Chelsea, and Inter - can engineer an equivalent offer.

It seems the price isn't quite right for Inter, but we will see what happens.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
It seems the deal with Inter is going through now.

#Angelici, President of #Calleri operation #Boca,-#Inter: "the situation is in progress, this week will close."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports