Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Really. So Calleri was the only striker available from major leagues so now weve got to look at lower leagues

We all know we havent got th4e best track record of getting our man when it comes to top players. We ALWAYS get gazumped by someone.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We all know we havent got th4e best track record of getting our man when it comes to top players. We ALWAYS get gazumped by someone.

We all know we've wasted millions on lower league strikers.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
We all know we've wasted millions on lower league strikers.

I agree with that completely. Someone must be at fault really as it seems to be quite often we go down the cheaper route only to find out we're stuck with a wage sucker.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
What makes him sound like a prima donna?

We have been chasing him for 5 months, there have been two flights out to Argentina to negotiate, and it was reported that we were still after him a few weeks ago. He has been a waste of time and energy, and probably never had any intention is signing for us. Any player that just wants us to tickle their ar5e is a Prima donna. As I said, just like the Iranian we were chasing.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
We have been chasing him for 5 months, there have been two flights out to Argentina to negotiate, and it was reported that we were still after him a few weeks ago. He has been a waste of time and energy, and probably never had any intention is signing for us. Any player that just wants us to tickle their ar5e is a Prima donna. As I said, just like the Iranian we were chasing.

That makes the assumption that he was always are main target rather than just a smokescreen

albionite

May 20, 2009
Not really he has pretty much since we started chasing him said he would prefer to move to an Italian club( I believe he has an Italian background). The rest has just been wishful thinking on our part and a bit of fun.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
That makes the assumption that he was always are main target rather than just a smokescreen

I'm sure we do have other targets and yes this could be a smokescreen. My point is if you fly out to visit a player twice and there is no movement, it's dead.

Not really he has pretty much since we started chasing him said he would prefer to move to an Italian club( I believe he has an Italian background). The rest has just been wishful thinking on our part and a bit of fun.

Doesn't take much for you to have fun then :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I reckon our people that have been flying out have been popping into another nearby country whilst they have been down there........

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
You've got to kiss an awful lot of frogs, to find a a prince.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Not really interested in him anyway. He sounds like a bit of a primadonna and reminds me of that Iranian we were after.

It did worry me when I saw images of Calleri as a mate of Daniel Osvaldo. The latter is not exactly a model football professional, with a trail of Clubs, big money deals and troubled attitudes behind him. So while it seems we were interested in JC it also worried me that the Albion might be given the run around while his agents flushed out a deal elsewhere. In which case I'd rather we look elsewhere.

I have faith that we are quietly pursuing other options and unlike the recent frenzy around Calleri, maybe the first we will see of it is a photo call at The Amex. It will be especially gratifying to find an alternative flair-tastic South American signing (or two!) capable of tearing up the Championship, without us getting ripped off or gazumped having done all the legwork.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here