Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Brighton have just 'outbid' the 2010 Champions League Champions.

I never thought I'd hear that. Ever.

F***me when we signed Doug loft from Hastings and got vaguely excited who'd thought that in a few years later we'd be doing that, as fat boy slim said "we've come a long long way together"

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We should buy him with the promise that, if he plays well, he'll be a premier league player in a few seasons. It's a chance to prove he can cut it in England , the same way Stoke have built a great squad on the promise their best players can leave if they play well.
I love the English arrogance here!!! The guy already plays every game for one of the biggest club sides in the world.

He doesn't need Brighton and Hove Albion's promise of premier league football

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I don't like this business when a player's registration is owned by a group of "investors".
Sums up what is wrong with the game, especially in south America

Dec 29, 2011
I love the English arrogance here!!! The guy already plays every game for one of the biggest club sides in the world.

Well as it stands the Premier League is the richest league in the world and the success of South Americans is very hit and miss in the English game. Proving himself in the Championship will guarantee a Premier League move with big wages, as it stands he would be a punt for any PL team and his (lower) wages would reflect that.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

It's all about the £. The average wage in the Argie premier league is about £4K a week; the average in the EPL is over £40K.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
We should buy him with the promise that, if he plays well, he'll be a premier league player in a few seasons. It's a chance to prove he can cut it in England , the same way Stoke have built a great squad on the promise their best players can leave if they play well.

Shouldn't really need to promise anything. His agent should know the business and should therefore know that we do not stand in a player's way if they want to move on. Besides, if he plays well (and we stop getting injuries), he stand an extremely good chance of being a Premier League player in 6 months time anyway

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It's all about the £. The average wage in the Argie premier league is about £4K a week; the average in the EPL is over £40K.
I get that .... I just think our fans might be getting carried away if they think that we are an attractive proposition for a current Boca player. In saying that I believe the championship has come a long way in recent years in the ability to attract top players. For instance; Stuani at Middlesborough has played for Uruguay as recently as last September.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick

The cost of living in Argentina is much, much lower. I have been a couple of times and lived like a king for $100 per day. That got me a 5 star city centre hotel and 2 meals in good restaurants per day.

Earning 4K per week in BA is just the same as earning 40k per week in England or any other expensive European country.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The cost of living in Argentina is much, much lower. I have been a couple of times and lived like a king for $100 per day. That got me a 5 star city centre hotel and 2 meals in good restaurants per day.

Earning 4K per week in BA is just the same as earning 40k per week in England or any other expensive European country.

Agree COL is a lot lower, but not by a factor of 10......?

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere

Remember that the new billions will start pouring into the premiership in late 2016. the top players will be on 500k a week plus, this will regrettably draw the wages of "the average player" if there is such a thing, upwards. Every footballer in the world will see the Premiership even more so as the land of gold- do a year or two and walk away with millions. If he came to us and had a great second half to the season then there is every possibility he could be earning 75k plus a week in less than a years time in the Prem with or without us. Unthinkable and unimaginable for most South Americans who have never played in Europe.:moo:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

It doesn't matter how expensive England is compared to BA, even footballers with expensive taste would struggle to spend more than 4-5K a week, leaving a surplus of about 35K
to save for his retirement.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Galatasaray now in the 'race'.......................

http://www.aksam.com.tr/futbol/galatasaray-icin-jonathan-calleri-iddiasi/haber-476054

Galatasaray's striker search in that 22-year-old Boca Juniors star Jonathan case Valencia'yl race to Cala has been claimed (apologies for 'google translate').

Galatasaray + i + Jonathan +% C3% A7% C4% B1 claims Calleri +
Argentina plans to supplementation surprise to Galatasaray in the forward line break came a claim. Ole newspaper, yellow-red team, along with Boca Juniors Valencia made an offer for the young striker Jonathan Calleri wrote. Ole, the news source from which a 22-year-old Calleri Boca is prepared to open up to Europe, he said. Jonathan Cali that contract until 2017, 2015, 53 appearances, made 21 goals in 11 assists while recording.

Also plays on the right wing

1.75 player in the neck, the back and can also serve as a striker on the right. Carlos Tevez wearing the number 10 jersey before the transfer Calleri (Boca Maradona wore the number 10 very valuable) Denizli 'young players' fits in the criteria.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here