Jonathan Calleri

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Boca are desperate for money, so have got to sell. The one thing that worries me, if Calleri is reluctant to leave Boca, & wants to play in Italy, his attitude when he signs for us, could upset the great team spirit we have at the moment. I'd rather not have a reluctant player, but a hungry ambitious one.
#stillholdingthenerve

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Boca are desperate for money, so have got to sell. The one thing that worries me, if Calleri is reluctant to leave Boca, & wants to play in Italy, his attitude when he signs for us, could upset the great team spirit we have at the moment. I'd rather not have a reluctant player, but a hungry ambitious one.
#stillholdingthenerve

Once he sees the Amex, the training ground and meets Calde, he will love the plaice.........

Dec 29, 2011
#stillholdingthenerve

We should buy him with the promise that, if he plays well, he'll be a premier league player in a few seasons. It's a chance to prove he can cut it in England , the same way Stoke have built a great squad on the promise their best players can leave if they play well.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We should buy him with the promise that, if he plays well, he'll be a premier league player in a few seasons. It's a chance to prove he can cut it in England , the same way Stoke have built a great squad on the promise their best players can leave if they play well.

I agree & we can point to Ulloa as proof.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'd rather not have a reluctant player, but a hungry ambitious one.

He won't find many Serie A clubs looking to take him on if he can't make a success of it in the second division of a European league. If Brighton is the only game in town, he needs to make a go of it or he can kiss goodbye to any big team

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
An Italian pal of mine has kind of translated what has happened, he was about to sign for inter for $10m Brighton then offered $14m so the deal was then off the table as Boca accepted the higher bid as they want to sign Osvaldo as his replacement and this would give them enough cash. Not speaking Italian can't confirm if true obviously but it's getting interesting.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
An Italian pal of mine has kind of translated what has happened, he was about to sign for inter for $10m Brighton then offered $14m so the deal was then off the table as Boca accepted the higher bid as they want to sign Osvaldo as his replacement and this would give them enough cash. Not speaking Italian can't confirm if true obviously but it's getting interesting.

That sounds like it makes sense but keep trying to work it out alongside inter not being willing to make a bid as up till now all inter interest has been or seemed to be agent talk

Also the $14 million really does put it close to the £10 million mark

Last edited:

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit

Why don't we just go for Osvaldo then?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Brighton have just 'outbid' the 2010 Champions League Champions.

I never thought I'd hear that. Ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports