Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
No, I don't *know* anything, but there is enough evidence out there if sifted through, to give me 99%+ belief that Calleri is signing for the albion in early January.

#HoldTheNerve

I love #HoldTheNerve. Every time I think it's done with up it pops again. Good work.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
It's a combination of not really liking anything that's overhyped, I didn't watch Breaking Bad for ages for example, and that small, self destructive impulse that I think everyone has.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Surely this isn't going to happen?

Also - why on earth would it just be us interested? Unless, he is actually a tad pony and we have all just got excited because of the link to European giants such as Chelsea, Inter and ... Stoke

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Also - why on earth would it just be us interested? Unless, he is actually a tad pony and we have all just got excited because of the link to European giants such as Chelsea, Inter and ... Stoke

The evidence suggests he's not pony. Maybe the bigger clubs aren't sure he's what they need at the moment, maybe the interest was agent led rather than from the clubs directly.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Not quite good enough for the top 4 leagues (Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, Seria A), teams in the 5th biggest league (the Championship) don't have large enough scouting networks and/or see it as a big risk for the money.

I don't know- strange if it is true we are the only serious bidders, he seems perfect for a team like Tottenham.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
An English Investment Fund is continually mentioned as having a stake in this transfer.

It's impossible to guess, without speculating, what their strategy is.

Last edited:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Fair enough. I loved it, but thought the fly episode was boring.

It certainly had high points over its run (the "Say my name" episode is an outstanding scene), but I didn't feel it was quite as consistent as everyone else. I will say that Bryan Cranston was superb at portraying a character who truly evolves over the series.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Not quite good enough for the top 4 leagues (Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, Seria A), teams in the 5th biggest league (the Championship) don't have large enough scouting networks and/or see it as a big risk for the money.

I don't know- strange if it is true we are the only serious bidders, he seems perfect for a team like Tottenham.

I think you pretty much nailed it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder if its going to be a case of a player actually deciding that playing time is more important than mega bucks in the bank account.

Does such a player exist???

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What do we know about him, except that he does not like shooting with his left foot?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Robert Lester Zamora

Oh yes the one who left to go to Spurs, then West Ham then QPR before returning for his swansong. Not really what I meant ! :smile:

I was thinking more of a young player with loads of Wonga being waved under his nose, I don't doubt Bobby could have done better than us but as a last season or so we would have been a very attractive option to him...as we are seeing. It's a lovefest at the moment.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
An English Investment Fund is continually mentioned as having a stake in this transfer.

It's impossible to guess, without speculating, what their strategy is.
Unless the investment fund is controlled by an individual who likes to keep his actual personal wealth close to his chest......like his cards?

#nudgenudgesaynomore

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Unless the investment fund is controlled by an individual who likes to keep his actual personal wealth close to his chest......like his cards?

#nudgenudgesaynomore

We probably shouldn't speculate about that Fund, without any further info coming to light.

Best not to rule anything out.
#HoldTheNerve

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ok, some digging ( which means nothing really )

http://www.jewpro.co.uk/jewish/id/12386/Football.html

Note the top 2 names....

Jonathan Barnett - Chairman, Stellar Group
Tony Bloom - Chairman, Brighton and Hove Albion FC

... And the investment group involved with Calleri is.....>>>

Stellar Group

Tony at least knows them...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here