Jonathan Calleri

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
First to report our interest in Calleri in the summer, though.

I want to believe that this is the genuine account of an ITK journalist. However, if it was, wouldn't it have thousands of followers? Andy Naylor has close to 9000.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
....the big boss has said we are going to 'strengthen from a position of strength'...........

WHO'S THAT NEW MAN FROM ARGENTINA........etc

#holdthenerve

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
JC seems stuck even though he's being manipulated in different directions.

#trappednerve.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Why doesn't this thread have moaning on it? It's pathetic!

I bet he is going to Burkes Derby and they are going to win the league!

Lets sell our best players because I've seen in football manager on the PC lots of cheap lower league players. I just bought them with the funds and now my squad is much better. im in the champions league just 2 seasons later.

Barber out ! Get the (disco)doktor in!!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
El Hincha De AllBoys ‏@Hincha_AllBoys 24m24 minutes ago
"La liga italiana o la inglesa van mucho con mi juego" Jonathan Calleri
Translated from Spanish by Bing Wrong translation?
"The Italian League or the English go much with my game" Jonathan Calleri

El Hincha De AllBoys ‏@Hincha_AllBoys 18m18 minutes ago
"Me gustaría quedarme seis meses más, hay muchas decisiones que ya no dependen de mí" Jonathan Calleri
"I'd like to stay six months more, there are many decisions that do not depend on me," Jonathan Calleri

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
El Hincha De AllBoys ‏@Hincha_AllBoys 24m24 minutes ago
"La liga italiana o la inglesa van mucho con mi juego" Jonathan Calleri
"The Italian League or the English go much with my game" Jonathan Calleri

El Hincha De AllBoys ‏@Hincha_AllBoys 18m18 minutes ago
"Me gustaría quedarme seis meses más, hay muchas decisiones que ya no dependen de mí" Jonathan Calleri
"I'd like to stay six months more, there are many decisions that do not depend on me," Jonathan Calleri

Mmmm, sounds like he's still marketing himself.

Perhaps this so called Inter deal is far from done. ???

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
ok my Spanish isn't all that good, but the little bits that I think I could make out, his father says there has been one bid from a major club of 12 million Euros (lets not forget he is his agent and will try and talk the price up, seeing as both he and his son are both likely to gain from this).
The other bit was that Calleri said he has no preference as to Italy or England as both will suit his style.

As I said My Spanish is still poor after living here for a year, so I could be mistaken and apologise in advance if I am.

As far as we are aware Brighton have definitely made a bid. yes? I have not seen anything from Inter apart from Mancini saying he is someone that they are interested in, so putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 73 probably, that sounds to me like his father is still trying to get a bid from Inter.

Of Course Calleri would love to go there, I'm sure ive read somewhere that he is an Inter fan, but are they really willing to spend 12m euros on a player that is not ready for them apparently? Inter are wealthy, but not in the way Man City or Chelsea are as far as I'm aware.

basque seagull

Oct 21, 2012
El Hincha De AllBoys ‏@Hincha_AllBoys hace 44 minutos
"Priorizo jugar y no tratar de ir a Europa a estar en el banco" Jonathan Calleri

My priority is not to go to Europe and be on the bench.
(My translation).

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
El Hincha De AllBoys ‏@Hincha_AllBoys hace 44 minutos
"Priorizo jugar y no tratar de ir a Europa a estar en el banco" Jonathan Calleri

My priority is not to go to Europe and be on the bench.
(My translation).

The more I'm thinking about this, the more I think he might be coming here, If we had a bid accepted at !0m euros, why would Inter offer 12m? they wouldn't, they would just offer the same.

As basque seagull says he doesn't want to sit on the bench, but I doubt Inter will promise him anything better than that.

If the 12m bid from Inter was true why even mention English football? Surely he would just sign for them.

He mentions that he would prefer to stay at Boca for another 6 months, but its not up to him. If Boca have accepted our bid, and as was reported at the time, it was only on the table for a limited time period, then the option to stay has more or less been taken from him.

Yes I'm probably clutching at straws :lol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The more I'm thinking about this, the more I think he might be coming here, If we had a bid accepted at !0m euros, why would Inter offer 12m? they wouldn't, they would just offer the same.

As basque seagull says he doesn't want to sit on the bench, but I doubt Inter will promise him anything better than that.

If the 12m bid from Inter was true why even mention English football? Surely he would just sign for them.

He mentions that he would prefer to stay at Boca for another 6 months, but its not up to him. If Boca have accepted our bid, and as was reported at the time, it was only on the table for a limited time period, then the option to stay has more or less been taken from him.

If I remember correctly we offered 10M $ not €, which was rejected. Is it possible that we've now bid $12M?

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton

You probably are clutching at straws. But you have me convinced :)

Jimmy Grimble

Can someone with a knowledge of this guy give me a brief verdict on how how good he should be in the Championship? And how he'd fit into our team?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
If I remember correctly we offered 10M $ not €, which was rejected. Is it possible that we've now bid $12M?

Yes I think you're right it was 10m$, I wouldn't be surprised if we have gone back in, if it has been rejected, after all that is a huge bid for us in the first place, I would have thought we were pretty determined to be making any bids in this region.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports