Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I was thinking more of the wages he would get at Inter or Chelsea even if not playing first team football compared to what we will be offering.

Just in response to the suggestion that we can almost certainly offer first team football which bigger clubs probably won't. to sway his signing.
I think Chelsea has always been a red herring to bump up the agent's ask.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
More likely a player we haven't heard of yet, but I see us being linked with calleri as a bit of fun with a small hope that it might happen.

That's my view too. How many of this summer's signing were hinted at before they happened? Zamora, obviously and there were some whispers about Hemed but the others were out of the blue (although Murphy took some time to land, our initial bid was unexpected). I'd be delighted if we got JC but I think there's someone else in the pipeline

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Think they were linked a few days ago as well, seems a lot of rehashing of articles and reporting them as news on this one

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
On Twitter (reliable, I know), it's being heavily reported the Boca president has said a deal has been agreed for Calleri's sale. Likely destination is Inter though.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If Calleri is not signing for us I don't really care where he ends up. He and his agent just seem to have used the club to increase interest in his availability for transfer elsewhere.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Calleri has signed for Inter Milan- €14m.

Interestingly, he is being sent out on loan for the rest of the season.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
If he doesn't have an EU passport as the article says, how were we going to be able to play him from January anyway?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
To Bologna it would seem

Does this mean we can now stop #hold the nerve ? :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here