Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Almost half a million views.
But from how many NS Chatters & who has viewed most?
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] name the guilty!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Could third party ownership not be abused to get around FFP?

Say a Championship club wanted to purchase a South American based player, but his parent club was holding out for a transfer fee which would cause the Championship club to breach FFP, something they were staunch advocates of, and clearly unwilling to do.

But , not wanting to let an opportunity to sign such a high quality acquisition pass them by, could the owner of a Championship club not call upon a friend and a lawyer to purchase the registration of this South American player, and then park him at an obscure 2nd division South American team. Could the Championship club owner then not negotiate a reduced price with his friend at mates rates, subsidising the friends losses through another business deal outside of football, and thus not fall foul of FFP?

Let me just say that this is purely a speculative question, and I am not ITK in any way.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Say a Championship club wanted to purchase a South American based player, but his parent club was holding out for a transfer fee which would cause the Championship club to breach FFP, something they were staunch advocates of, and clearly unwilling to do.

But , not wanting to let an opportunity to sign such a high quality acquisition pass them by, could the owner of a Championship club not call upon a friend and a lawyer to purchase the registration of this South American player, and then park him at an obscure 2nd division South American team. Could the Championship club owner then not negotiate a reduced price with his friend at mates rates, subsidising the friends losses through another business deal outside of football, and thus not fall foul of FFP?

Let me just say that this is purely a speculative question, and I am not ITK in any way.

That's a very interesting, and detailed, piece of speculation...

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
I now open this thread looking for a definitive conclusion to end our misery with this epic drag-on-athon, rather than perusing it with a hopeful mindset.
#holdthethread

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London

I like this. #KeepTheFaithALIVE

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

That's wonderfully fantastical. I'm in.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We've apparently had an offer in the region of 7m accepted, so if we offered wages of 5m over 4 years (25k a week) that makes it 12m, or 3m a year as far as FFP is concerned, so I think it's possible without any financial jiggery-pokery.

But nah, **** signing the striker from Argentina's biggest club: Jordan Rhodes is available for 12m plus wages. End of thread.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I would think the authorities would have concerns as to the market value of the player. Im not sure how it would be policed though

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Another 'Triangulation' article. Something is very rotten in all this.

https://pegamequemegusta.wordpress.com/2016/01/14/triangulations/

If you don't want to read all of it (including the bit about 'Brighton's PALTRY offer), last paragraph sums it up for me. A quick look at Twitter shows his old man (agent) making reference to him potentially going to about half a dozen clubs in the last 2-3 days.

Yet save your real sympathy for 22-year-old Jonathan Calleri, who has been triangulated into a footballing netherworld. After further speculation about him being shipped off to Brazil came to nout, for now, he was officially released by Boca into the loving arms of Deportivo Maldonado for $9.5 m rising to $12m. Olé report: Asked by a fan on his last day of training with Boca where he was headed, he replied: “I wish I knew.”

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Another 'Triangulation' article. Something is very rotten in all this.

https://pegamequemegusta.wordpress.com/2016/01/14/triangulations/

If you don't want to read all of it (including the bit about 'Brighton's PALTRY offer), last paragraph sums it up for me. A quick look at Twitter shows his old man (agent) making reference to him potentially going to about half a dozen clubs in the last 2-3 days.

Yet save your real sympathy for 22-year-old Jonathan Calleri, who has been triangulated into a footballing netherworld. After further speculation about him being shipped off to Brazil came to nout, for now, he was officially released by Boca into the loving arms of Deportivo Maldonado for $9.5 m rising to $12m. Olé report: Asked by a fan on his last day of training with Boca where he was headed, he replied: “I wish I knew.”

Sounds like for his sake, he needs to distance himself from his father agent and have a real agent. It's happened many times in all different sports where a 'family team' doesn't succeed but then the athlete breaks away and then goes on to do great things.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Rupert Fryer @Rupert_Fryer on Twitter says: "Deportivo Maldonado "player" Jonathan Calleri is set to announce his future at some stage today. #TheDecision"

It can finally be over...

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Rupert Fryer @Rupert_Fryer on Twitter says: "Deportivo Maldonado "player" Jonathan Calleri is set to announce his future at some stage today. #TheDecision"

Pretty sure he was meant to do that a couple of weeks ago as well. It would amusing if no one comes in for him and he ends up playing there for a year and being snapped up by Barent for £250k in a couple of years.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Interesting - a tweet by a credible journalist. The end in sight? Let's get this over with today one way or the other!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here