Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Can only assume we have been given some hope.. or we would have walked away.
No, we the fans have been given hope l
on the basis of a few twitter stories and rehashed blog posts.

See Bolanos - a deal we have walked away from- being reported as on by Ecuadorian journos.

The only difference with this deal is that there is no briefing or leaks from club on it.

I suspect we've done most of our business already, unless a striker becomes free.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
It's easy for Argentine players to opt for playing in Italy, sometimes even over Spain. Italy is culture is very similar to Argentina and especially Buenos Aires, where the accent has a distinct Italian sound with a huge Italian immigrant population. So it is not surprising that he would opt for a move to Italy. However Boca want to sell, a loan move to Bologna will hardly fill the bank. So I don't think it's a case of Calleri not wanting to move to England, more the unknown. However it depends on how well the chairman and directors have sold to the Albion to him. As more and more reports come in of a bid, they must have made some sort of positive impression.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
No, we the fans have been given hope l
on the basis of a few twitter stories and rehashed blog posts.

See Bolanos - a deal we have walked away from- being reported as on by Ecuadorian journos.

The only difference with this deal is that there is no briefing or leaks from club on it.

I suspect we've done most of our business already, unless a striker becomes free.

It appears we.made another bid though. The encouragement for that has come from somewhere. Not just the press or twitter.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
It appears we.made another bid though. The encouragement for that has come from somewhere. Not just the press or twitter.
it seems to have stemmed from one tweet yesterday afternoon from a semi credible source. There have been some respected journalists calling this one wrong all along.

I'd suspect that a bid may have been made as the Italian thing has gone down.

But what do I know, I was dead cert that bolanos was coming after getting some very good Intel...Didn't happen...

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Looks like Bologna missed their reported deadline. Hopefully we should hear something one way or another soon.

[Tweet] 686354547313381376 [/Tweet]

Last edited:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
This surely cannot have more than 48 hours left in it either way now? If no one has managed to provide them with another option surely Calleri either accepts our deal or it is withdrawn? We cannot hang around for the rest of the month waiting and if we are prepared to pay him 1.1m euro a year so £20k a week ish, we shouldn't have too many problems finding an alternative?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
he can **** off let's move on, him or his dad,obvious he doesn't want to come so why bother
You/we have no idea about the state of the players mind or the thoughts he has. This deal is obviously complex, that does not necessarily render it worthless. Indeed, the Amex would not be here if the fans and then Tony Bloom had judged it to be too difficult and given up.

Dec 29, 2011
This surely cannot have more than 48 hours left in it either way now? If no one has managed to provide them with another option surely Calleri either accepts our deal or it is withdrawn? We cannot hang around for the rest of the month waiting and if we are prepared to pay him 1.1m euro a year so £20k a week ish, we shouldn't have too many problems finding an alternative?
The thing with Calleri is that he's relatively cheap for someone of his age and ability. He's only 22 and will have sell on value even if he fails. It's not a huge gamble for Bloom, we just need to convince him to come.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Paul winstanley has tweeted that he was up at 3am. Catching a plane maybe? #clutchingatstraws

I too was up at 3am. One of my eyelashes was jabbing me in the eye and thus the eye was bright red and watering.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here