Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Joke du Jour

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
Olaf from Oslo was in the supermarket, when he saw an old lady in a wheelchair almost in tears.

"What is the matter"? asks Olaf

"Oh", sobs the old lady, "I want to have a look at the frozen puddings, but as you see, there are three steps down to the chiller cabinets"

"No problem", says Olaf, lifting her onto his back. "I'll take you." And he strolls though the chiller section, with her on his back and she selects several puddings and puts them in the basket he is carrying for her.

At the entrance the ladys husband is waiting for her. "You've been rather a long time." he says

And she relates the story to him, as Olaf puts her back in her wheelchair

"I would like to thank you," she says to him "What is your name?"

Olaf just waves and walks off.

Later that day she was still smiling about his kind actions and a friend asks her why.

She replies; "I've been through the desserts on a Norse with no name."

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
We know that Olaf is from Norway because the narrator told us so, but how did the old lady know?

Also, why did Olaf take her to the chiller section when she clearly stated she wanted frozen products. To not take her to the freezer section is just downright sadistic.

#OlafOut

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I have 3 musical punchline jokes in my back catalogue, but that is a new one on me.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Did Olaf make her cry?

para 5 - shouldn't ladys have an apostrophe, ie lady's?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Two 90 year old men, Mike and Joe, have been friends all of their lives.
When it's clear that Joe is dying Mike visits him every day. On one of the visits Mike says;

"Joe, we both loved football all our lives, and we played Sunday football together for many years. Please do me a favour. When you get to Heaven, you must let me know if there's football up there."

Joe looks up from his death bed and says, "Mike, you've been my best friend for many years. If it's at all possible I'll do this for you.

Shortly after that, Joe passed on.

At midnight a couple of nights later, Mike is awakened from a sound sleep by a blinding flash of white light and a voice calling out to him,"

"Mike--Mike." The voice cried.

"Who is it? asks Mike sitting up suddenly.

The voice said--"It's me, Joe."

"You can't be Joe, he just died."

"I'm telling you the truth, it's me Joe," insists the voice."

Mike said, "Where are you?"

"In heaven", replies Joe. "I have some really good news and a little bad news."

"Tell me the good news first," said Mike.

"The good news," Joe said," is that there's football in heaven. Better yet, all of our old friends who died before us are here, too. Better than that, we're all young again. Better still, it's always spring time and it never rains or snows. And best of all, we can play football all we want and never get tired."

"Bloodyhell," said Mike. "That''s beyond my wildest dreams! But what's the bad news?

..."You're playing on Tuesday."

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Olaf is mainly a Norwegian name - the Swedish equivalent is Olov or Olof. Are you sure he came from Oslo?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I thought he was going to grab hold of HER puddings.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Two 90 year old men, Mike and Joe, have been friends all of their lives.
When it's clear that Joe is dying Mike visits him every day. On one of the visits Mike says;

"Joe, we both loved football all our lives, and we played Sunday football together for many years. Please do me a favour. When you get to Heaven, you must let me know if there's football up there."

Joe looks up from his death bed and says, "Mike, you've been my best friend for many years. If it's at all possible I'll do this for you.

Shortly after that, Joe passed on.

At midnight a couple of nights later, Mike is awakened from a sound sleep by a blinding flash of white light and a voice calling out to him,"

"Mike--Mike." The voice cried.

"Who is it? asks Mike sitting up suddenly.

The voice said--"It's me, Joe."

"You can't be Joe, he just died."

"I'm telling you the truth, it's me Joe," insists the voice."

Mike said, "Where are you?"

"In heaven", replies Joe. "I have some really good news and a little bad news."

"Tell me the good news first," said Mike.

"The good news," Joe said," is that there's football in heaven. Better yet, all of our old friends who died before us are here, too. Better than that, we're all young again. Better still, it's always spring time and it never rains or snows. And best of all, we can play football all we want and never get tired."

"Bloodyhell," said Mike. "That''s beyond my wildest dreams! But what's the bad news?

..."You're playing on Tuesday."
I think you have missed the point of the Joke du Jour thread, but kudos for making me laugh out loud.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We know that Olaf is from Norway because the narrator told us so, but how did the old lady know?
Statistically, Sweden has twice the population of Norway so if her husband had insisted on her naming a specific Scandinavian country of origin then a more probable option - though an incorrect one as it turns out - is for her to have said "I've been through the sweets with a Swede with no name"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here