Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Joke du Jour

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just asked the woman in Bargain Books if Prince Harry's book is available to download. She asked "Do you want it in PDF File"

I said "No, that's his uncle"

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Would you need a converter to download an ebook to a PDF File ?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
His Uncle is a Portable Document Format? Sounds unlikely unless he is part of the Adobe side of the family. Also seems like Bargain Books need to up their standards of Customer Service Advisors as "Do you want in in PDF file" is terrible grammar. Maybe "a PDF file" would have worked but still clumsy English. "Would you like it in PDF format?" would be a much more acceptable sentence. Although I am not sure Bargain Books offer an E-Book service and if they do, not sure their in-store assistants would be selling them.

Personally, I think the woman was trying but failing to make a paedophile joke.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
His Uncle is a Portable Document Format? Sounds unlikely unless he is part of the Adobe side of the family. Also seems like Bargain Books need to up their standards of Customer Service Advisors as "Do you want in in PDF file" is terrible grammar. Maybe "a PDF file" would have worked but still clumsy English. "Would you like it in PDF format?" would be a much more acceptable sentence. Although I am not sure Bargain Books offer an E-Book service and if they do, not sure their in-store assistants would be selling them.

Personally, I think the woman was trying but failing to make a paedophile joke.
This was also my first thought - it strikes me though as very unprofessional if not downright offensive. I am surprised because the service in Bargain Books is generally superb.

Was this staff member wearing a name badge? This definitely sounds like something which should be raised with management.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Is there such a thing as a PD phial ?

A vial is the same thing as well

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
This was also my first thought - it strikes me though as very unprofessional if not downright offensive. I am surprised because the service in Bargain Books is generally superb.

Was this staff member wearing a name badge? This definitely sounds like something which should be raised with management.
I had a different experience. I went into an independent book shop and asked if they had an electronic format of Prince Harry's book. "I'm sorry sir, we refuse to stock that book as his uncle is a Nonce" was the straight to the point answer I got. You get a much better quality of service at independent shops.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here