Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Joke du Jour

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The people of Dubai don't like The Flintstones, but the people of Abu Dhabi do.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Source?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
There'll be a right Barney over this ....

ED11F210-29D4-43BD-BFB3-5DEF27F6B7E4.gif

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Did you **** my wife ?

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I'm not sure there is any compelling evidence for this. Granted the billion dollar Warner Bros park that has a Flintstones themed area is in Abu Dhabi not Dubai, but it's only an hour or so drive between them. The decision to site it in Abu Dhabi was probably based on relative land values and ease of visiting from numerous population centres, including from Dubai, which would make Abu Dhabi a better choice to maximise visitor numbers.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Two Owls playing pool. One hits the white ball with his beak.

"That's two hits". "Two hits to who?"

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'm not sure there is any compelling evidence for this. Granted the billion dollar Warner Bros park that has a Flintstones themed area is in Abu Dhabi not Dubai, but it's only an hour or so drive between them. The decision to site it in Abu Dhabi was probably based on relative land values and ease of visiting from numerous population centres, including from Dubai, which would make Abu Dhabi a better choice to maximise visitor numbers.

My mate is from Dubai, and he says The Flintstones are shithouse.

Maybe there's some truth to it?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
As an expat of over 16 years in Dubai, I can categorically state that no residents have openly expressed a dislike of the Flintstones.

Equally, I haven't heard any support of the Hanna-Barbera cartoon series from expats and Emirati nationals based in Abu Dhabi.

I stand to be corrected by NSC's own [MENTION=1272]bhafc99[/MENTION] regarding this, but I fear there are sweeping generalisations being made here.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

What is the most common owl?

A tea towel

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
As an expat of over 16 years in Dubai, I can categorically state that no residents have openly expressed a dislike of the Flintstones.

Equally, I haven't heard any support of the Hanna-Barbera cartoon series from expats and Emirati nationals based in Abu Dhabi.

I stand to be corrected by NSC's own [MENTION=1272]bhafc99[/MENTION] regarding this, but I fear there are sweeping generalisations being made here.

I don’t emirate this joke at all, it’s no great sheikhs.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

The response should really be two separate quotes - as the to who bit is spoken by a different owl to the two hits bit. Somewhat like a call and response chant on the terraces.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The people of Dubai don't like The Flintstones, but the people of Abu Dhabi do.

The people of Abu Dhabi say they don't know how Noah loaded animals on the Ark, but the people of Dubai do.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

“… to whom”.

If you want to use ‘who’ it needs to be “Who [subject] has two hits?”, not “Two hits to who [object]?”

And anyway, shirley it’s obvious who has two hits?

I don’t get it.

Last edited:

Smillie's People

Aug 14, 2013

O man, just grow up....

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
My dyslexic mate went for a job as a barrister.
He's now serving coffee in Costa......

How strange! Although I imagine it is entirely possible to pass the bar whilst being dyslexic, I dread to think of the quality of the advocacy for his clients based on such a glaring error of judgement.

Having gone through the application and interview process, presumably at the coffee shop in question, he has shown an alarming lack of awareness of his surroundings.

I wish him all the best in his new career regardless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here