Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Joke de Jour

el punal

Two lads, Harry and Bert, are driving in the works van when they notice they’re getting low on fuel. They pull into a petrol station to fill up. Bert gets out to operate the pump and then goes into the kiosk to pay where he sees a notice saying “Free Sex When You Buy Fuel From Us”.

Bert pays for the fuel and asks the bloke behind the counter about the notice. It’s a competition, says the bloke, to win you have to nominate a number between one and ten and if you select the correct number then you get the prize. Alright, says Bert, I’ll go for five. Sorry, says the bloke, the winning number is six.

Bert leaves and tells Harry all about it. A few days later they pull into the same petrol station, this time Harry volunteers to fill up. He goes to pay and asks the petrol station bloke that he wants to enter the competition. Knowing what happened with Bert he chooses six as his selected number. Sorry, says the bloke, the winning number is five.

Later on Harry is at home with his wife and tells her of the petrol station saga. Ooh, she says, I know where you mean. I’ve been three times and I’ve got the winning number every time! :cheers:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If she's that lucky I hope she does the Lottery! However I hope Harry isn't too downhearted by the news - he does have a one-in-ten chance of winning himself next time, surely his luck will change soon?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If Harry's wife is using that much fuel she should probably consider switching to an electric vehicle if possible / practical.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm not sure that Harry and Bert are names for "two lads". Sound more like they should be at the bowling club.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think it's unlikely Harry would tell his wife he was entering a competition for free sex with someone else. And surely Bert would have kept the winning number to himself rather than tell Harry? I'm not sure I believe any of it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'll throw this in here and hope that I don't get accused of anti semitism, the joke was told to me by a Jewish friend. I have found they generally have no problem with telling them either. It did make me laugh out loud too.

What did the waiter say to the table of elderly Jewish women in his restaurant?

"Is anything OK?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here