Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Johnson to bring back Imperial units to honour the queen

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I didn't post it

you did ???

I merely suggested that America is stuck in the past and gave two completely separate examples, ie they like an imperial system whereas pretty much the whole world has moved on and also they cling to the 2nd amendment about forming militias etc etc! There's probably a whole host of other 'ancient' ideas they cling to. For example that the death penalty is a good idea.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I merely suggested that America is stuck in the past and gave two completely separate examples, ie they like an imperial system whereas pretty much the whole world has moved on and also they cling to the 2nd amendment about forming militias etc etc! There's probably a whole host of other 'ancient' ideas they cling to. For example that the death penalty is a good idea.

The world being created 4,000 years ago is another good one.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I know many Brexiteers, many of whom were fine for money, it was and is also very much:
- a hate of unelected Brussels officials determining parts of UK life.
- EU criminals being allowed to remain here ad infinitum, similarly the ECJ overruling UK legal decisions on stuff like sentencing, detention or deportation of people wishing to do us harm.
- people didn’t like their small communities radically changing in such a short space of time.

I voted Remain and personally love the cosmopolitan mix of nationalities who’ve come to these shore to work. Others didn’t.

Most foreign national offenders we deport are EU citizens.

Before Brexit and now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How many kilometres is the sun from earth? :lol:

93 million miles away :lol:

I don't think you have been paying attention. Nobody is petitioning for Imperial to be banned.

Your comment reminds me that, when homosexuality was made legal, some wags asked whether it would soon be made compulsory.

Except rather than this being like that sort of legal change, this is more like an announcement that doing it in the missionary position has been legalized.

The whole point is that this was a faux announcement made for deflectionary purposes. Most of the posts are simply mocking the silliness of Johnson. The thread seems to have triggered an upregulation of the normally suppressed gammon gene among some ??? :wink:

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
I think most British people do that, don't they? My girlfriend (early 30s) is clueless when it comes to Imperial measures in general but for height/weight/speed etc she uses them.

height,weight,speed

what else is left in everyday instances ?

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
I don't think you have been paying attention. Nobody is petitioning for Imperial to be banned.

Your comment reminds me that, when homosexuality was made legal, some wags asked whether it would soon be made compulsory.

Except rather than this being like that sort of legal change, this is more like an announcement that doing it in the missionary position has been legalized.

The whole point is that this was a faux announcement made for deflectionary purposes. Most of the posts are simply mocking the silliness of Johnson. The thread seems to have triggered an upregulation of the normally suppressed gammon gene among some ??? :wink:

wow!

I'm anti homosexaul and gammon now

hae a good evening H

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I believe that one of 'Project fears' great chants was of course we won't 're-introduce imperial measures- that would just be stupid'

Just after 'of course we wouldn't leave the single marlet'

And yet here we are, trying to appeal to the cerebrally challenged, whilst ensuring we don't commit to anything :shrug:

Last edited:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Genuine question: why would it cost a supermarket like Asda lots of money?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Genuine question: why would it cost a supermarket like Asda lots of money?

Because they'd have to change their packaging, signage, scales and pricing and the cost of that would be greater than adding a few new septuagenarian flag wavers as customers, delighted to buy a pound of sausages for a change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here