Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Johnie Byrne's blue & white tinted glasses

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
PLEASE, please, please STOP teasing us exiled listeners with half time comments about how the game's in the bag. Try something like " Crewe can't be THAT bad 2nd half...... or every team has it's good patch and Crewe obviously haven't had theirs yet..... you know the sort of thing John.....but 'this one'e there for the taking, I can see 2 or 3 goals in The Albion yet'........please learn..... I ended up wanting to plant a custard pie in your face. Oh, and my good lady wife say's can we get rid of all the players whose names start with an 'H'?

Cos Johnie Byrne can't pronounce an 'H' and it drives her mad:lolol:

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Albion Legend......couldn't agree more, doesn't make it any more helpful to tell the poor listener we're gonna win 4 nil though does it?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
When the Crewe subs were warming up in front of H block the song went up
'Alex subs you must be sh*t.'

What more do you need to do to inspire players cos it was two of them that made the difference to the Crew game :shootself

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
That chant is fairly common when the opposition subs dare to venture from the away dug out.
Trouble is a lot of Brighton fans (and commentators?) seem to think we've got some God-given right to turn over unfashionable teams like Crewe. Truth is, there not gonna come down to Withdean have a poor 1st half, go one nil down and then just throw in the towel. Whoever we're playing cares just as much as we do......this seems to be lost on certain elements of our support.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I like John Byrne's attempts to get into the Guinness book of records for the most amount of times one phrase can be used in the space of 1 minute in genuine circumstances.. the phrase?

"Ya Know?"

I counted 13 in a minute at one stage... impressive, most impressive!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Jam The Man said:

"Ya Know?"

That's part of a professional footballers training yer know

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
The Great Cornholio said:
Let's sit and watch the response to this thread. If it was Ian Hart, the usual suspects would be all over it in uproar and dismay at the abuse of an Albion Legend. Let's see what happens when someone attacks a playing Albion Legend. :smokin:

from dtg

f*** off you patronising twat

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Jam The Man said:
I like John Byrne's attempts to get into the Guinness book of records for the most amount of times one phrase can be used in the space of 1 minute in genuine circumstances.. the phrase?

"Ya Know?"

Dont forget
"Like I say"

But I do like him.

Happy Seagull said:
John Byrne is an absolute legend, and if he wants to say pigs can fly, then i'd let him.

Surely he'd say Pigs, you know, like I say, can fly sort of thing :lol:

He is indeed a legend - just a shame he has these "catchphrases" because he does make some salient points at times and has a vast knowledge of the game considering the range of clubs he has played at.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
John Byrne IS a legend... long may he be associated with this club and all who sail on her

Last edited:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
There are the 'usual suspects' at each end of the scale with views of Harty.

The rest of us appreciate and accept the show for what it is.

munster monch said:
There are the 'usual suspects' at each end of the scale with views of Harty.

The rest of us appreciate and accept the show for what it is.

Not strictly true. I agree I'm part of the "usual suspects" who will point out where we think he has overstepped the mark in some way but this gets interpreted as "Harty is evil and must be sacked and burnt at the stake" which is completely opposite from what is being said.

But I really can't be arsed going down this route again as it has been done to death. As they used to say on Winner Takes All - we'll have to agree to disagree.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Jam The Man said:

"Ya Know?"

He's got nothing on Leon Knight. :cool:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I love John Byrne, the bloke is my all time favourite Albion player. My mate (and best man) managed to get a note from the man himself, and had it framed:

"To Dave and Joanne, congratulations on your wedding day, best wishes John Byrne".

He gave it to me at the start of his best man speech, and it sits proudly on my desk as I type.

John Byrne :bowdown:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Easy 10 said:
I love John Byrne, the bloke is my all time favourite Albion player. My mate (and best man) managed to get a note from the man himself, and had it framed:

"To Dave and Joanne, congratulations on your wedding day, best wishes John Byrne".

He gave it to me at the start of his best man speech, and it sits proudly on my desk as I type.

John Byrne :bowdown:

his house in shoreham used to back onto my old mans old house, that made me VERY popular amongst the locals :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here