Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Ward

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Terrific pre-match interview from him on Colchester 'Player' for those that can access it. Very gracious about us being the best team in the league, our past and our future - also added that genuine football people will be delighted for us after what we have been through.

Fair play to you, Mr Ward!:thumbsup:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
I saw that too. He was so obviously genuinely admiring of what the Albion have achieved.

How many other managers spend more time talking about their opponents than their own team? Course, he WAS hinting about Gus moving on at some point, so maybe presenting his calling card early. But an absolutely top bloke, all the same.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
This. Just watched this. What a refreshing change from the usual diatribe from no marks like Adkins and Doghead.
Top marks, John Ward.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He lives in a Wardy Wonderland too.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
One of the last few true gentlemen in the game in my view. Okay, he has only ever managed at the lower level (Carlisle, Bristol City come to mind, sure there have been other clubs - wasn't he involved in Wolves as assistant at one point?), but I've always liked him. Has a very good record of getting clubs out of trouble if I remember correctly.

Mind you, I was impressed with the whole set up at Colchester: that new A12 junction makes getting in there a doddle. The welcome the announcer gave us seemed genuinely warm, announcing the team as Champions, though he must have wondered in the first half! Decent view from the away end, plenty of room in the concourse, even at half time, and friendly stewards (at least I thought they were: none of the horror stories people have posted on here, and with a sense of humour, something the Withdean lot could learn). Despite the rather poor football, an enjoyable day out.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Mind you, I was impressed with the whole set up at Colchester: that new A12 junction makes getting in there a doddle. The welcome the announcer gave us seemed genuinely warm, announcing the team as Champions, though he must have wondered in the first half! Decent view from the away end, plenty of room in the concourse, even at half time, and friendly stewards (at least I thought they were: none of the horror stories people have posted on here, and with a sense of humour, something the Withdean lot could learn). Despite the rather poor football, an enjoyable day out.

I was at that game too, wonderful day out (all right, let's forget the first half) some of the other posters at a different one? Even found a great place to stop for food & drink (8 Ball Diner) that I'll be using when we go to Ipswich next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here