Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Terry

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would be concerned to see Hughton go after Terry.

Terry is way to dominant a personality - yes he would bring badly needed experience but he would dominate the dressing room when you want older players like this to bring experience to the squad by bringing the younger and inexperienced players along - not intimidating them.

Someone more suitable at that position might be the likes of John O'Shea would would be a role model for the younger players without the dominant personality (and would still be able to do a good job in the PL).
With you all the way....................................until you mentioned John O'Shea. :facepalm:

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
It's what fat Frank would have wanted.

Terry will arrange to get subbed off early in the first half against Hull on the opening day, greeted by a spontaneous guard of honour, featuring none other than his old mucker Franky Lamps. Doubt they'll be a dry eye in the stadium. I'm welling up just thinking about it:cry:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
With you all the way....................................until you mentioned John O'Shea. :facepalm:

Exactly. The only sense in which O'Shea is a role model for younger players is if they want to make a club impossible to manage. How many managers did Sunderland have while O'Shea and his mates Brown and Beardsley were there?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Exactly. The only sense in which O'Shea is a role model for younger players is if they want to make a club impossible to manage. How many managers did Sunderland have while O'Shea and his mates Brown and Beardsley were there?

Not really itk about the politics at Sunderland - I just thought he was pretty shit. Slightly better than Brown, maybe, but.................................

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Apparently according to Talksport this morning 'Arry thought he had landed him for Birmingham, offered Terry £100k a week .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Then perhaps him and his family will move up there for good.
They can set all the shop alarms up there they like :wink:

And unlike the thread, the reason the alarm went off would be obvious.

I despise Terry, but apart from the stupid guard of honour, should a player be pilloried for his off pitch capers.
There is a long list of very good players who could be put in the stocks.
Giggs, Rooney etc, but they were adored as players and totally got away with what they got up to.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
And unlike the thread, the reason the alarm went off would be obvious.

I despise Terry, but apart from the stupid guard of honour, should a player be pilloried for his off pitch capers.
There is a long list of very good players who could be put in the stocks.
Giggs, Rooney etc, but they were adored as players and totally got away with what they got up to.

It was meant as a joke :thumbsup:
Players who earn high wages and are constantly in the limelight, should be expected to set an example to others (youngsters for instance).

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Arry's been given the credit card watch out Brum, he'll be off as will the current owners and they'll leave one hell of a bill!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Confirmed on Villa twitter via the worst 'official signing reveal' ever, bar none. This is ****ing TERRIBLE:

[tweet]881840731551391744[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here