John Terry NOT going to euros..

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

goofball

Aug 24, 2011
England's John Terry is too tired for Euro 2012 yet so are the alternatives - Telegraph

I swear all they do is give terry a hard time, like he has one bad half against liverpool after winning the fa cup on saturday, probably had been out on the lash to celebrate as well as he clearly couldnt stand up..

Now he shouldnt be playing at the euros :\ instead we should put washed up rio at the back..

The media/papers are a joke, they really grinds my gears..

Im surprised Terry wants to play for england, but if he said he didnt wanna play, it would be headlined.. 'TRAITOR TERRY HATES ENGLAND'

I wouldn't take him - we aren't going to win this competition (thanks to a lack of anything even approaching a decent preparation) so I'd take the youngsters. I know even youngsters need older heads to learn from, but Terry is hardly the kind of person you want others learning from, is he? If you want to take one 'elder statesman' defender then make it Ferdinand. IMHO, of course.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
With Hodgson as manager and no John terry I may well take a passing interest in this summer's tournament now. The clean up of the England team has begun.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I still think Terry and Ferdinand are must have's at the Euros, their experience is vital. Since coming back from injury, Rio has been solid for United and players of his and Terry's stature are needed in the big games.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I still think Terry and Ferdinand are must have's at the Euros, their experience is vital. Since coming back from injury, Rio has been solid for United and players of his and Terry's stature are needed in the big games.

Whilst I see your point, it would be somewhat difficult to have a centre defensive partnership that refused to talk to each other.

I can imagine it now:

Terry: "Oi, Cashley! Can you tell Rio to mark Messi."

Ashely Cole "Erm, Rio. John says can you mark Messi."

Ferdinand "Well can you tell Mr Bigot-who-can't-keep-it-in-his-pants, that I'm already tied up with Xavi, and if he wants Messi marked he should do it himself."

Meanwhile, Messi scores.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I wouldn't take him - we aren't going to win this competition (thanks to a lack of anything even approaching a decent preparation) so I'd take the youngsters. I know even youngsters need older heads to learn from, but Terry is hardly the kind of person you want others learning from, is he? If you want to take one 'elder statesman' defender then make it Ferdinand. IMHO, of course.

Totally agree. Terry has spent most of this season on his arse. I would only take 1 of Ferdinand and Terry, and based on form alone that has to be Ferdinand, even before you consider all the other shit going on around Terry.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Terry is too slow and too dim. He has been for ages, coupled with his delightful personality has been an absolute millstone around the neck of this team. We have to look to the future now, and look four years down the road rather than be overly worried about how perform in this tournament.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This

With Hodgson as manager and no John terry I may well take a passing interest in this summer's tournament now. The clean up of the England team has begun.
This

John Terry shouldn't represent my country. He's a disgrace
And this.

He's a twunt. Leave him behind.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Whilst I see your point, it would be somewhat difficult to have a centre defensive partnership that refused to talk to each other.

I can imagine it now:

Terry: "Oi, Cashley! Can you tell Rio to mark Messi."

Ashely Cole "Erm, Rio. John says can you mark Messi."

Ferdinand "Well can you tell Mr Bigot-who-can't-keep-it-in-his-pants, that I'm already tied up with Xavi, and if he wants Messi marked he should do it himself."

Meanwhile, Messi scores.

Argentina won't be at the Euros.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

spot on. This is the ultimate 'no pressure' tournament. Most sane minded people know we have little chance and this is the get out of jail free card. Blood some youngsters (Oxo - chamberpot etc) rely on some trusted people (Gerrard, Cole) and give the rest some competition game time (walcott, hart etc) and build for the 2014 qualification tournament

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I have nothing against Terry or Ferdinand, but I hope neither of them goes. Cahill and Lescott have both been vastly superior to them this season.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I agree about Rio.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

this, apart from the bit about not winning.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Terry is a cu*t of the highest order. Aside from his lack of morales off the field. On the field i don't rate the slow donkey anyway.

Plus by not taking him will break up the chelsea lampard, cole clique which will create a better team spirit...

Lets give the new blood a go...

There are plenty of good center back to replace him anyway.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've been won over by Joleon Lescott this season. He's improved significantly since playing alongside Kompany. I think Jagielka can do a job too, while Rio should make the squad as should Richards and Phil Jones.

And if it's a tubthumping warrior required in the dressing room then who better than Scott Parker?

When you take into consideration the baggage Terry brings to the party it's really a no-brainer to leave him behind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports