Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Piercy

gumbopickles

Jul 10, 2003
brighton
can someone plse tell me if he started in the play off final - have googled for ages but to no avail. any help appreciated.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
He tried to play until September but had a couple of bad bouts of his illness ending up in hospital.
He retired and plays a bit for Eastbourne Town(?) I also think he works in a leisure centre over there.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
He tried to play until September but had a couple of bad bouts of his illness ending up in hospital.
He retired and plays a bit for Eastbourne Town(?) I also think he works in a leisure centre over there.

he retired in about november i think it was, as i remember him coming on away at derby on a wednesday night

last season he was at eastbourne town, think he is still there along with fellow albion hero danny simmonds

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Last game was Crewe at home I seem to remember; he got absolutely slated for his performance and then it all came out about his illness sometime later that week and he quit.

Albion Rob

A real shame I thought he was a good player, scored a few for us too. Did anybody find out what his "illness" was?

I think he had something called Colitis(sp?) which I understand is some sort of stomach complaint which leaves sufferers literally unable to get out of bed in the morning some days. Clearly no use if you're a professional footballer which I guess is why he plays at Ryman League level now.

Also, I seem to recall he was refused a payout by the club's insurers because he retired through illness rather than injury although the PFA funded him through a series of coaching badges.

A shame because I thought he was a decent players and one of the braves who held their nerve in that Swindon game.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
He suffers from Ulcerative Colitis. Very similar to Chrohns disease. I suffer from Colitis too. It can be quite debilitating, but most of the time can be managed to lead a near normal life. I can understand why he couldn't push his body to the levels needed to be a professional footballer. I sent him a letter on UC and got a very nice reply back.

stig

I hate Tim and Matty B
Mar 27, 2007
he retired in about november i think it was, as i remember him coming on away at derby on a wednesday night

last season he was at eastbourne town, think he is still there along with fellow albion hero danny simmonds

danny simmonds was my pe teacher at school :)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
he never seemed to get a settled run or work out what his best position was though

sometimes he was stuck out wide, sometimes he was up-front. still reckon his best game was against plymouth when he played behind the front two, he ran that game

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
. . . . . . . still reckon his best game was against plymouth when he played behind the front two, he ran that game

Agree with you there Scott. That was probably our best game for some seasons and I doubt whether we've been the guvnors for the whole ninety minutes in any game since then.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It was against a very poor Wycombe, managed by Tony Adams and including Darren Currie.

We won 4-0, helped by one of the WW defenders shouting something at the lino during one of those many quiet moments by the Withdean crowd so it was something the ref just couldn't ignore as it seemed like everybody heard it. Said player was sent off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here