Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Collyer aka Charles Hoile?

May 29, 2004
Lancing
Didn’t have time to read all the report last night but it was broken down in today’s Argus.

John Collyer, the Planning Inspector who almost wrecked our dreams for a new stadium believes the team’s collapse would be no loss to football. A touch of Groundhog day?

“If BHAFC were lost to the league there is no convincing evidence football nationally would suffer any serious harm”

“The stadium fundamentally fails any test of need”

“Light pollution from floodlights would cause “demonstrable” harm & noise from traffic would stretch into the late evening and weekends”

“The Albion’s claims of the importance of the stadium to the city’s economy – with the creation of 600 jobs and investment worth £24.4 million – are an over estimate”

“There is little in the way of tangible evidence to support the claim the club’s very existence depends on the development. It has now survived into it’s 7th season away from it’s last permanent home, during which time it appears to have enjoyed a noticeable measure of success in terms of managing it’s finances. All clubs owe their survival to their success on the pitch. I accept there is a national dimension to the continued operation of a league of such clubs throughout the UK but there is no compelling evidence that all major urban centres must be represented”

Obviously John Collyer did not listen or take into account the full and passionate backing of supporters – both from Sussex and from around the country.

When Hoile delivered his report, who honestly expected Collyer to be any different? They are both members of a cosy middle-class elite that is culturally opposed to a people's sport like football, hence why they both believe that Albion going out of business is not important.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Anyone know John Collyer's address? Might pay him a visit and show him how important this club is to me. Who fancies coming?

May 29, 2004
Lancing
Wardywonderland said:
Anyone know John Collyer's address? Might pay him a visit and show him how important this club is to me. Who fancies coming?
All 30,000 of us who went to Cardiff!!!:lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Biscuit said:
Collyer, Hoile, Baker, Archer, Bellotti, Stanley...enemies of the club.
Lets just hope we don't have to add Prescott to that list.
If he gives us the green light, I think we should have a statue of him outside the stadium (if there's room, like).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here