Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Cantlie...new Western Hostage...Trick or True?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Well done - you've just won yhe c**t of the week award.

Do I worry or care?.......too many people are too scared these days because of others views or opinions. I have asked for yours, all I got was abuse. Fair enough, the question was asked knowing it would receive vitriol and you didn't disappoint. It's a fair ask though.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Ok Rivet.....

Here's a legitimate question are you a retard ?

Debate away.....

About a man held captive, maybe we can bounce this thread when the video comes out showing him decapitated !

lmao...............suppression of reasonable discussion. Tasteless as it may be billy I am asking a fair question.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Do I worry or care?.......too many people are too scared these days because of others views or opinions. I have asked for yours, all I got was abuse. Fair enough, the question was asked knowing it would receive vitriol and you didn't disappoint. It's a fair ask though.

Is it a fair ask though, we have seen IS kill how many now is it three....

They are carrying through there threats, and this is propaganda can you not see that.

I wished you a good evening and still do, just find this thread incentive.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011

They are carrying through there threats, and this is propaganda can you not see that.

I too wish you a good evening, even though your in incendiary reaction mode.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Al Jazeera is sadly reporting a considerable number more. Notably Kurds.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Agreed. Intelligent discussion? Yes. Abuse if you don't agree? No

Those who resort to personal abuse generally have no argument. If you don't agree with the op then either debate like adults or ignore the post completely.

As for calling to delete a thread? Well that's just ridiculous. We live in a free(ish) society.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
You don't know me, so I have not let you down in any way....

However defend away someone who is suggesting a hostage is a traitor....

If his family saw this thread they would be very very upset.....

I am not ashamed of my reply.

I only know you from here, so that's a fair assumption. But to call someone a retard for having an opinion? Well that's just wrong. Had you heard of this guy before today? Apparently he was kidnapped in 2012 - I don't remember the British government kicking up a stink then?

We all have our own opinions, and those should be respected :thumbsup:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I only know you from here, so that's a fair assumption. But to call someone a retard for having an opinion? Well that's just wrong. Had you heard of this guy before today? Apparently he was kidnapped in 2012 - I don't remember the British government kicking up a stink then?

We all have our own opinions, and those should be respected :thumbsup:

So you had heard of the others who have been kidnapped and beheaded then ?

I had not, as the British government as we all know do not release details of everyone taken due to publicity and not paying ransoms or doing deals with whoever has taken them.

I stand by my comment, a sick incensitive thread.

When this guy is beheaded and we find out he is not a traitor will you be ashamed defending such a stupid thread ?

I'm thinking to be honest you may not.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
So you had heard of the others who have been kidnapped and beheaded then ?

I had not, as the British government as we all know do not release details of everyone taken due to publicity and not paying ransoms or doing deals with whoever has taken them.

I stand by my comment, a sick incensitive thread.

When this guy is beheaded and we find out he is not a traitor will you be ashamed defending such a stupid thread ?

I'm thinking to be honest you may not.

I will never be ashamed of opening the discussion. It might be insensitive, it might be offensive but the reality remains that its a question people will go to bed with, thinking about it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I will never be ashamed of opening the discussion. It might be insensitive, it might be offensive but the reality remains that its a question people will go to bed with, thinking about it.

Please don't include me in your list of 'people'. Hopefully, you'll wake up sober and feel suitably contrite about this shitty idea for a thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here