[Football] Joey Barton

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
He really is an odd individual, with a lot of hate to deal with.

I've just had a gander at his latest SPOTY-related meltdown, courtesy of numerous tweets (having previously gone after Alex(c) Scott for promoting her book) and I really don't get what he's trying to say or achieve. I'm also not quite sure why he's suddenly suggesting names that should be on the shortlist now (Ronnie O'Sullivan, Kevin Sinfield and some MMA dude), rather than weeks ago when the original list from the BBC was announced.
So he's not suggesting we shouldn't take women's football seriously but we should MMA? He's truly lost it

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I've just had a gander at his latest SPOTY-related meltdown, courtesy of numerous tweets (having previously gone after Alex(c) Scott for promoting her book) and I really don't get what he's trying to say or achieve. I'm also not quite sure why he's suddenly suggesting names that should be on the shortlist now (Ronnie O'Sullivan, Kevin Sinfield and some MMA dude), rather than weeks ago when the original list from the BBC was announced.
From the interviews I have heard he doesn’t seem to have the intelligence or vocabulary, or any evidence, to explain what his issue is. He just spouts a few lines about tokenism and meritocracy then gets tongue-tied when pressed on this.

I guess we will never properly know.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He's really incredibly stupid. It's the argument of a dense 4 year old.
Note to the anti-woke/cancel brigade - Barton will now no longer be employable (except to maybe GB News) not because he's cancelled but because he has proved beyond any doubt to any prospective employers, that he's an utter moron with incredibly dim witted views.
....and a bully.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

You'll never guess why that was.

It's because they've been suggested in the aftermath of last night's woke box ticking by other gammony thickets on Twitter.

Bloke hasn't got an original thought in his head.

Sinfield is a great guy BTW but he's not in it for awards. He just wants to support his mate and former team member and raise huge amounts for MND and more power to him. On a side note Eddie Suzy Izard also once ran 7 marathons in 7 days. Perhaps making them SPOTY would have been a woke box ticking exercise though?

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

It's because they've been suggested in the aftermath of last night's woke box ticking by other gammony thickets on Twitter.

Sinfield is a great guy BTW but he's not in it for awards. He just wants to support his mate and former team member and raise huge amounts for MND and more power to him. On a side note Eddie Suzy Izard also once ran 7 marathons in 7 days. Perhaps making them SPOTY would have been a woke box ticking exercise though?
It's all the fault of the Tofu-eating wokerati, I tell you! None of this would've happened if MEN were still MEN.

KS (and RB) got recognised (quite rightly) at last year's event for his/their achievements, but I completely agree – they didn't need to be, nor did they probably expect to be. Legends, yes, but SPOTY? For running a bit non-competitively? Not a chance.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So he's not suggesting we shouldn't take women's football seriously but we should MMA? He's truly lost it
Eh? What's wrong with MMA?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Most predictable tweet ever..and getting into the Christmas spirit as he truly is the gift that keeps on giving! Be very interested to see what, if any, clubs give him any employment opportunities, considering his continual social media gold.
He's phishing for a response, so he can come back with more bollox.
Yesterday's chip paper.

worthingweird

Mar 8, 2023

Translate for normal people please...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I guess you've not watched much then
There are, admittedly, roid using nutters from a number of other countries but they don't alliterate. I only need to spend five minutes on 'X' to work out that Conor McGregor is an Irish Nationalist who may very well have other serious issues. *sniff*

As for my main clause, I present for the NSC Jury the Inverted Triangle (snigger).

1703101790179.png

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There are, admittedly, roid using nutters from a number of other countries but they don't alliterate. I only need to spend five minutes on 'X' to work out that Conor McGregor is an Irish Nationalist who may very well have other serious issues. *sniff*

McGregor is indeed a twat, but he's just one person. Are we going to say football is crap because of Joey Barton?

And I'm not sure it's any worse for drugs than most other sports.

Which leaves you with not liking it because you think it's gay. What are you, a Palace fan?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
McGregor is indeed a twat, but he's just one person. Are we going to say football is crap because of Joey Barton?

And I'm not sure it's any worse for drugs than most other sports.

Which leaves you with not liking it because you think it's gay. What are you, a Palace fan?
There are MMA fighters (Radtke and Kape for example) who are VERY homophobic. I wonder what they're hiding?

But, no. I said it resembled homo-erotic prison fighting, mostly because it does, which is slightly different to 'because it's gay'. You crack on though, NSC is a broad church.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I think he's possibly having a genuine mental health crisis.

Or he's just an idiot.
Or he's a bully.
Or he's an insecure man child.
Or he's realised that he's not only going up against other men for TV time, he's now also going up against women for TV time (and coming off second, third, fourth, fifth best) and it's broken his pathetic dinosaur peanut brain.

Whichever it is I hope he gets the help he needs / f***s off into the ocean / winds up the wrong person and is soundly put in his place.

Just whatever it takes to have him fade into nothingness.

Edit: managed to bypass the swear filter, whoops.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

As for my main clause, I present for the NSC Jury the Inverted Triangle (snigger).

View attachment 171540
I know that one. I.... saw it when I flicked through the sports channels.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports