Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel Lynch

Joel Lynch for LB?

• Joel Lynch is the answer with Mayo as cover

Votes: 77 68.1%
  • Lynch is too young, need to sign another LB as co.

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • I sit on fences.

Votes: 18 15.9%

• Total voters

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Have we found our new Left back? I know hes only young and this was only his second game but he coped really well today and against Nathan Dyer against Southampton.

Is there really any need to sign another LB to add to our wage bill? or is it wrong to pin all our hopes on someone that young.

What are the thoughts of Nsc?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm certainly not going to get carried away after two games, but frankly we have f*** all cash and we need a central midfielder and c-f more.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
hans kraay fan club said:
I'm certainly not going to get carried away after two games, but frankly we have f*** all cash and we need a central midfielder and c-f more.
:clap:

Before the emergance of Lynch and the sale of Knight I'd have said left back was the priority. Now striker is more important. If we can get in a left back we should though.

I need teepee

Jul 30, 2005
Hove
Having been to Southampton and the Leeds games i believe we have another good defender coming through the ranks in Joel Lynch, but isn't he normally a CB.
Also looking at the back four against Leeds aren't they all CB's, even though El Abd and Lynch have proved they can play at full back.

:clap2: :clap2:

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
He looked good today, still a bit rough round the edges, but deffo one for the future

CoventrySeagull

Jul 7, 2003
Back in HANGLETON
I need teepee said:
Having been to Southampton and the Leeds games i believe we have another good defender coming through the ranks in Joel Lynch, but isn't he normally a CB.
Also looking at the back four against Leeds aren't they all CB's, even though El Abd and Lynch have proved they can play at full back.

:clap2: :clap2:

I agree, but it can only help increase competition for places & improve team performance, if every player can play in more than one position (apart from the goalkeepers).

I would also say we do need to strengthen in every department, finances permitting obviously & providing they are the right players for Brighton & Hove Albion, ie. they are fully prepared to play for the club & give their all for the team and fans.

We don't need players who are just coming to further their playing careers. Finances dictate, so it will probably mean bringing some of youth team through to the first team, but only when they are ready!! We don't want to burn them out before their 25 years old!!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I must admit I do like having two mobile CBs who are fairly comfortable on that ball at FB. I think in the position we are in it gives our defence a much more solid base and allows for our attacking players (I'm thinking Fruty and Caz) to do their thing. However I think we do need LB because Lynch is still young and I wouldn't even have Mayo as deputy (move him to midfield).

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
sit on fence , to early to tell. Certainly indications suggests he's the answer but only 2 games played

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Agree that after Mayo's performance in midfield at Southampton I would see him more as one of our midfield options where his lack of pace is not so exposed than at LB.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Give the lad a run, he seems to be playing well,.............................................if your good enough you are old enough. He will be a good player!!

:albion: :bowdown:

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Gullsworth said:
Give the lad a run, he seems to be playing well,.............................................if your good enough you are old enough. He will be a good player!!

:albion: :bowdown:

I agree, I just hope when he is given the runaround, which is bound to happen sometime he is not slagged off on here.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think Joel Lynch has looked very good in the 2 games he has played recently at lb... right now, I would invest any money we have left in the kitty in an experienced target man who can score goals at CCC level... Mayo cannot play lb at that level, or we WILL lose games becuase of his lack of pace... I would prefer Sam Rents to Mayo at lb, to be honest...

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
B.W. said:
I think Joel Lynch has looked very good in the 2 games he has played recently at lb... right now, I would invest any money we have left in the kitty in an experienced target man who can score goals at CCC level... Mayo cannot play lb at that level, or we WILL lose games becuase of his lack of pace... I would prefer Sam Rents to Mayo at lb, to be honest...

This might be the wrong thread, but where is this target man and do we have the money to pay for one?

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Lynch is a great young player but i still think we need another LB if he gets tired or injred then we'll have to play Mayo or Reidy at LB which i dont want to do

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
This might be the wrong thread, but where is this target man and do we have the money to pay for one?

Who knows?... and probably not... keep the faith...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here