Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel Lynch

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Scannell, Clayton, Norwood and now probably Joel Lynch, who most Forest fans said was their best defender last year. If they keep Rhodes they could be right up there

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Scannell, Clayton, Norwood and now probably Joel Lynch, who most Forest fans said was their best defender last year. If they keep Rhodes they could be right up there

Yup and if they can nick McCormack off Leeds/Palace........... :thumbsup:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Clayton and Lynch are good signings, Scannell is so so. Don't know who Norwood is.

I just think they're a bit overrated, people have being predicting them to batter League One for about four or five seasons and they've never done it, they weren't far behind Southampton the year we won it, but apart from that? They got up in the playoffs at last and now people think they'll batter the Championship.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Also signed a left-back from Dundee United, Paul Dixon. They're putting together a youthful squad with plenty of potential, but I don't see that they have the proven experience at this level to challenge right at the top. Their midfield especially is very young. I suppose they may address that, but until that point, I'd say mid-table would be a decent season for them.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
I thought this at first, but they've signed some good players and their squad seems to be shaping up nicely. I'm not saying they're going to walk the league, but I think they definitely have a chance of at least play offs next season.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Rumour/(actually a fact) that Joel Lynch has just sold his house in Nottingham and is moving back down south to Brighton. Putting 2 and 2 together, it looks as he is either signing for us again, or Crawley have made a sensational swoop for him. Either way, he has sold his house and is moving down back to Sussex.

Source- my mate has just signed for the house he has moved out from, and the estate agent that did the deal said the reason why Lynch moved was to move into a property down in Brighton.
Don't shoot the messenger!

Yeah we are a bit short of cover in defence,

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina

All good solid Championship players but none of them have set the division alight in previous years. Should be enough to keep them well clear of relegation though.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Lynch is hit and miss and the others are average championship players,hudders will be around mid table at best and Rhodes will not score more than 12 goals next season.

theodorerobinson

Jul 8, 2010
Chuffing puddled :rave:

Being serious for a minute, we won't be challenging the play offs next season. Comfortable mid table finish I suspect and that will be something all town fans will be delighted with. Then try and push on from that the following season. The only problem being that this division is a complete piss take in terms of the resources some teams have at their disposal. You get teams dropping out of the premiership that can afford to carry on paying 50k a week thanks to parachute payments. Then you've mega rich foreigners throwing money at clubs like Leicester, Forest, Watford and potentially Leeds. Then you've got wealthy owners at a number of clubs that put in big sums (would have been classed as massive 5 years ago but things have now changed) and some big clubs who are a little unsteady financially but still have decent players.

It is impossible to predict. The easiest thing to predict is the clubs that will struggle. Barnsley, Birmingham (because they have a moron in charge), Posh, Bristol City, Millwall, Charlton and maybe Derby. Lump on Charlton, Barnsley and Derby for the drop :albion2:

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Good luck with Lynch, i thought he would make it with us but had an attitude problem. Hope he does better fro you than his performance against mansfield in the FAC at Withdean a few years ago. Truly awful, in fact its up there in my top 5 worst Albion performances, but can't better Willie Young for his 2nd half performance at pompey in the 80's. Got hammered 5-1, could have been 10.Weve come a long way ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here