Joel Lynch

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gareth24

Mar 19, 2008
Is this scraping the barrel in player criticism?

Its not a criticism of him directly but players shouldnt be doing that in preparation for a big game. If he was late and arrived at the ground he wouldnt of been able to prepare properly and seeing as he was 10 minutes late for the warm up i would agree that he didnt prepare properly.

Joel Lynch is one of my favourite players but i dont think that any player should be doing that 1 hour before a game. Anything could of happened in their and if he had got injured in anyway.

You would all be asking "what is he doing in a pub 1 hour before a game?"

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Who cares....Perhaps the rest of the defence should have followed him...He was the only one of the back four on saturday who had a half decent game...

You must have watched a different game to me as Lynch was one of the players responsible for 2 of the goals and hada howler of a game, in fact one of his worst ever.

Gareth24

Mar 19, 2008
That is still the rule, it might be 48 hours before but not sure.

The 'official' players lounge is in the pub so it's no surprise that you will see them in there going to see and sit their families etc

But 1 hour before the game and 15 mins before warm up. The players dont turn up 2hrs 15 mins before a game for no reason surely.

Gareth24

Mar 19, 2008
You must have watched a different game to me as Lynch was one of the players responsible for 2 of the goals and hada howler of a game, in fact one of his worst ever.

agreed. very bad game. Its a shame that most had their worst games aswell. But thats football.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
After saturdays performance i'd like to think they'll all be going to the cash point so they can withdraw they're weeks wages and hand them back to the club.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
But 1 hour before the game and 15 mins before warm up. The players dont turn up 2hrs 15 mins before a game for no reason surely.

They dont have to be there 2 hours 15 mins before the game, they have to officially meet at 1.30-1.45pm, and there was probably a reason why he came out onto the pitch a few minutes later than the others, for example some have a rub down and there is usually a queue!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can't believe some of the supposed 'fans' reactions to this thread. Lynch is TOTALLY out of order for being in the fans pub at 2 - it's a disgrace. No wonder he was shit. He should be preparing MENTALLY for an important game in the changing rooms - and all morning by himself.

Disgrace - Should be fined for this.

Preparation is everything - he could've gone to the cash machine another time surely

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Sheebo, he wasn't drinking a pint. He was in an area where he was allowed to go as pointed out by Race.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
But it's not professional and i know if i was a pro footballer - let alone an amature you must get up for every game - not worrying about owing Dean Cox a £10 or whatever! In my opinion it sucked - and i thought he had a very poor game - as all the back 4 - marking was obismal

I clearly dont know that but im sure popping off to a busy pub and trying to find a cash machine 15 mins before you are supposed to warm up isnt part of their pre match routine.

Mentalist alert ???

Not to say that Lynch was not awful on Saturday, because he was.
Not to say that he usually plays much better than that either because he doesn't - but no-one excelled on Saturday except the Vale players. Watching the Virgin net replays it's even obvious in the highlight video, there WAS an urgency and determination about PV that was completely missing from our team. This, after they KNEW PV weren't coming to get beaten and didn't want 'a poxy point'.

The players were culpable, and in front of a packed house.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This thread is a disgrace.

17 posts in, and not one person has started the speculation about what he needed the CASH for.

Clearly it was either DRUGS, GAMBLING DEBTS, or BOTH.

What about paying off ERNEST in respect of the photos taken of the LIAISON they had under the Palace Pier?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
So the whole team lost because one player used a cash machine? I've read some stuff on Nsc but this really takes the biscuit. :jester:

Gareth24

Mar 19, 2008
So the whole team lost because one player used a cash machine? I've read some stuff on Nsc but this really takes the biscuit. :jester:

Well, i think we are all aloud an opinion. I dont think that its him using a cash point that is the problem it is just that you should be preparing for a game.

If ronaldo went into a pub in Manchester do you think theyd go "oh theirs Ronny just using a cash point an hour before a game"......No

Theyd go "ronny you got a game in 1 hour get your skates on"

Anyone would think f***ing hell hes gotta game in an hour whats he doing here. Hardly preparing in the write manor.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

I hope it was a substantial amount for something interesting. If we lost over a £10 note, I will be fuming. :angry: :jester:

In all sincerity. I don't think he would have marched out of a team talk or what have you. I don't see the harm in stretching his legs before the warm up and going for a quick stroll to the cashpoint, rather than rattling about the dressing room waiting to go out.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
strolling into the Sportsman at 2 o clock on staurday to use a cash point....... I thought he may of been injured as he wouldnt be preparing in the most professional of ways just an hour before a game.

But to my suprise when i got in the ground he was playing. And he was half asleep for about 93 mins.

Not the way to be preparing for a must win game

Not good enough:rant:

i dont want to spread slannder but i see him regularly out in eastbourne on a night out. and isnt the 1st time before a game. Wilkins needs to get tougher

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
i dont want to spread slannder but i see him regularly out in eastbourne on a night out. and isnt the 1st time before a game. Wilkins needs to get tougher

So you've seen him out on the lash on a Thursday and Friday night?

Gareth24

Mar 19, 2008

Ive seen a couple out before. People may want to take the piss out of this thread because they dont agree.

I go on the basis that i as well as other fans pay these players wages. 1 hour before a game to get cash out is ridiculous. It just seems very sunday league " Oh im just gonna nip to a cash point as i aint got money for subs"

Silly

Well, i think we are all aloud an opinion. I dont think that its him using a cash point that is the problem it is just that you should be preparing for a game.

If ronaldo went into a pub in Manchester do you think theyd go "oh theirs Ronny just using a cash point an hour before a game"......No

Theyd go "ronny you got a game in 1 hour get your skates on"

Anyone would think f***ing hell hes gotta game in an hour whats he doing here. Hardly preparing in the write manor.

Who are these Write people, and how did they get a manor??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports