Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel Lynch

Gareth24

Mar 19, 2008
strolling into the Sportsman at 2 o clock on staurday to use a cash point....... I thought he may of been injured as he wouldnt be preparing in the most professional of ways just an hour before a game.

But to my suprise when i got in the ground he was playing. And he was half asleep for about 93 mins.

Not the way to be preparing for a must win game

Not good enough:rant:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Surely as long as he was in the changing room for the time Deano specified it shouldn't be a problem?

Gareth24

Mar 19, 2008
What should he have been doing instead ?

getting himself ready as the players came out to warm up at 2.15 and he didnt make his way on the pitch till 2.25ish.

it is not the correct way for a professional to prepare. Imagine if a port vale had landed him one round the head and he couldnt of played.

I know that is an extreme but we would of been slating him for not being prepared in the correct way.

What pro footballer needs a cash point an hour before a game........Unless he had a bet on the game or needed to pay his subs:).

If you dont prepare correctly you dont get the results and him aswell as our defense didnt show up on saturday.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
What time are the players asked to be ready for the on pitch warm up ?
Are they asked to be ready for any sort of briefing before that ?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Where's brightonbear when you need him? :D

Gareth24

Mar 19, 2008
What punishment befits getting cash out at 2pm? Relegated to the reserves? Transfer listed? Two week fine? Contract termination?

Im not saying any of the above but players arrive at the ground for a certain time to preapre together or get their briefing etc.

But he was clearly under prepared and that shouldnt be happenning in a pub full of supporters as far as im concerned. Most people in their were walking saying he must of been injured otherwise he wouldnt be in here.

But i think the smell of the alcohol made him feel a bit leggy as he just fell over at will on sat

Gareth24

Mar 19, 2008
What time is that, and was he late ?

I clearly dont know that but im sure popping off to a busy pub and trying to find a cash machine 15 mins before you are supposed to warm up isnt part of their pre match routine.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was always under the impression that players were banned from entering licensed premises for 72 hours prior to a game in order that their actions can not be misconstrued, that was the case some years ago but dont suppose it still is.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Is this scraping the barrel in player criticism?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
What punishment befits getting cash out at 2pm? Relegated to the reserves? Transfer listed? Two week fine? Contract termination?

Castration, at the least, I should think

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This thread is a disgrace.

17 posts in, and not one person has started the speculation about what he needed the CASH for.

Clearly it was either DRUGS, GAMBLING DEBTS, or BOTH.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
This thread is a disgrace.

17 posts in, and not one person has started the speculation about what he needed the CASH for.

Clearly it was either DRUGS, GAMBLING DEBTS, or BOTH.

Actually, you have it quite wrong, he needed the cash to secure his place in the side, but don't tell anyone else will you, just our little secret

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
I was always under the impression that players were banned from entering licensed premises for 72 hours prior to a game in order that their actions can not be misconstrued, that was the case some years ago but dont suppose it still is.

That is still the rule, it might be 48 hours before but not sure.

The 'official' players lounge is in the pub so it's no surprise that you will see them in there going to see and sit with their families etc

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here