Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joe Worrall £10million

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I’d imagine if we sign him it’ll still be Goldson that goes out on loan and Worrall would remain with squad. Presumably he’s young enough to not take up a squad position in the 25?

Edit. Maybe loaning Goldson to Florist could be a sweetener?

I reckon that could be the move that sees him really BLOOM :lol:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Brian Owen on Twitter describes rumours of our interest in Worrall as "nonsense", according to a well-placed source of his.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I used it with regards to signing a young centre back to potentially being a Dunk replacement, thus I would argue it was used correctly

Not after an argument but don't use the word that way in your essay as it's definitely wrong. The "method and practice of teaching" has bugger all to do with the "theory" of signing a young centre back to replace Lewis Dunk. Whichever way you look at it (and I get that it can be contentious which is why I looked it up as I wasn't 100% on it), it just isn't the right word in that context.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Not after an argument but don't use the word that way in your essay as it's definitely wrong. The "method and practice of teaching" has bugger all to do with the "theory" of signing a young centre back to replace Lewis Dunk. Whichever way you look at it (and I get that it can be contentious which is why I looked it up as I wasn't 100% on it), it just isn't the right word in that context.

I am sorry to have stirred up this ill feeling.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Brian Owen on Twitter describes rumours of our interest in Worrall as "nonsense", according to a well-placed source of his.

This transfer window is going to be as dull as the last one isn't it? What with the club giving nothing away and the only comment the local pres make is to rubbish any rumours that pop up. We don't even get to indulge in flights of fancy anymore.

I miss the days of people spotting players in restaurants or airports and the increasingly frenzied speculation that followed. It's not the same when the first you hear of a signing is when the club announce it. I want to savour the expectation and hope...

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
This transfer window is going to be as dull as the last one isn't it? What with the club giving nothing away and the only comment the local pres make is to rubbish any rumours that pop up. We don't even get to indulge in flights of fancy anymore.

I miss the days of people spotting players in restaurants or airports and the increasingly frenzied speculation that followed. It's not the same when the first you hear of a signing is when the club announce it. I want to savour the expectation and hope...

Gustavo used to whet our appetites, did he not?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

I understand what you're saying, BUT in the summer:

1) Barbs & Winstanley were spotted at Valencia airport.
2) That photo of Izquierdo & Winstanley was leaked within hours of his name being mentioned.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

Shame, it's the type of signing I'd love us to make. So long as it didn't take away from the striker budget of course. ;)

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
As Dusty Springfield once sang - 'It may be false, it may be true, but newspapers really do need to stop fabricating stories just for the sake of gullible clickbait.' Dusty at her finest.

Bit like the papers is that - only half true - the bits in green are from "Nothing has been proved" - the bits in red - you made up [they're not Dusty's lyrics] ...

The Large One at his finest?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

2) That photo of Izquierdo & Winstanley was leaked within hours of his name being mentioned.

Yeah, I'll give you Izquierdo, that was a good one. But I want more! I want snippets that gather pace and aren't shot down immediately, I want hints and nudges and winks. We signed lots of players over the summer but very few were known/suggested in advance and there weren't even many poorly sourced suggestions either. I just want a bit of transfer gossip and tittle tattle that is allowed to bloom(no pun intended).

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Forest and Charlton recruiting all these "gems" w/o a first grade academy; e.g. Lookman, O Burke. Gomez.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So the Nottingham Post writes a few words about something the Daily Mail has written about something no-one has commented upon - and very likely made up.

As Dusty Springfield once sang - 'It may be false, it may be true, but newspapers really do need to stop fabricating stories just for the sake of gullible clickbait.' Dusty at her finest.

Coming soon to deadlinedaydullards.net: "Ten strikers that Brighton and Hove Albion have made RECORD bids for. #7 will leave you SPEECHLESS"

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Yeah but Winstano hasn't gone interrailing round Europe, this holiday.
The retreat away from 'the pressures of modern life' will make candid photos unlikely, this window.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yeah, I'll give you Izquierdo, that was a good one. But I want more! I want snippets that gather pace and aren't shot down immediately, I want hints and nudges and winks. We signed lots of players over the summer but very few were known/suggested in advance and there weren't even many poorly sourced suggestions either. I just want a bit of transfer gossip and tittle tattle that is allowed to bloom(no pun intended).

Until NSC can install its own observation team into a back bedrom in Mash Barn Lane, Lancing overlooking the training ground - that's going to be a toughie...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here