Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joe Rodon Spurs

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He's a full Welsh international who was in their Euro squad. How are people asking who he is or if he's decent? :shrug:

Yes, GP had him at Swansea but it was under Cooper that he earned the transfer to Spurs. Would be a pretty good fit, but I think it sends a "you're done" message to Clarke and Ostigard if we do take him.

Good player already and five years more potential than BDB.

Because he’s behind very average defenders and a LB in Spurs central defence.

Reasonable to ask if he is decent.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Because he’s behind very average defenders and a LB in Spurs central defence.

Reasonable to ask if he is decent.

Over 20 full caps for Wales though.

I'm not suggesting he's the next Giorgio Chiellini but how have people who supposedly follow football never heard of him :shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I only watch Brighton, and on occasion England. I certainly dont watch random nations at the Euros.

And yet here you are on a transfer thread....

Maybe the best course for you is to wait till they sign and then make your own mind up.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Is it the same assumption that we lost Ben White so surely had to replace him with Nat Phillips. Now we have lost Burn we must need to replace him. Without people fully knowing the depth of our squad.

If we do sign him I would expect it to be a loan until the end of the season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't get this idea that as we've sold one player we now have to buy one. We've got three top end Championship CBs on the books, which is roughly what Joe Rodon was before Spurs took an unsuccessful punt on him.
Where's the gain in spending a few million quid on Rodon? All it will do is block the path of one of our existing CBs, who we'll end up moving on for a 'nominal fee'.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Over 20 full caps for Wales though.

I'm not suggesting he's the next Giorgio Chiellini but how have people who supposedly follow football never heard of him :shrug:

I don’t think caps is any way to judge a player, even less so for a country like Wales with league 2 players in the squad.

He’s looked OK when he’s played, he seems to switch off a bit, he was pretty awful in Euros in the games I saw.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I don't get this idea that as we've sold one player we now have to buy one. We've got three top end Championshi CBs on the books, which is roughly what Joe Rodon was before Spurs took an unsuccessful punt on him.
If we're now going to spend a few million of the Burn money on Rodon, that'll more or less mean the end of the Albion road for at least some of those CBs we've been developing, so we'll sell 'em on for 'nominal fees' - so why are we bothering with an academy? And why not just keep Burn?
Which one do you think we’ll recall to fill the gap?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Which one do you think we’ll recall to fill the gap?
None of them in this window. If we did decide we needed one in the short term through to the end of the season, it would be Clarke, the most experienced. Ostigard not eligible, and Van Hecke could well get promoted with Blackburn (and doing that with Leeds did Ben White's career (and us) no harm!)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
None of them in this window. If we did decide we needed one in the short term through to the end of the season, it would be Clarke, the most experienced. Ostigard not eligible, and Van Hecke could well get promoted with Blackburn (and doing that with Leeds did Ben White's career (and us) no harm!)
I think Clarke is a lefty too which helps. It’ll be interesting to see what happens.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
We have Dunk, Duffy, Webster, and Veltman. At a push Cucurella can play left-sided CB in a back three. In addition we have Haydon Roberts as back up. So I'd suggest that we don't 'need' another CB although I'm sure we'd go for one if we felt there was someone out there that was of value to the squad.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Is he getting a lift down with Deli ALLI? :moo:

BOGOF deal INCOMING!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Dec 29, 2011
And yet here you are on a transfer thread....

Maybe the best course for you is to wait till they sign and then make your own mind up.

Haha, what? You seem purplexed some people don't follow the Welsh national team. Of course I'm on a transfer thread relating to Brighton...the team I happen to support.

You originally said people shouldn't be asking how good he is because he played for Wales, well I've never seen him play and I'd like to know his standard. So perhaps get off your high horse?

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Of all the CB names thrown around since the Dan Burn departure, this one I prefer the most. Even then, I'd love to see Haydon Roberts get a turn

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here