Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Mason and Lewis Grabban

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Of course he could have turned up at training to say goodbye to everyone....

This.

Yesterday, he would have been allowed to miss training, or leave early, to come to Brighton and discuss terms. Since the deal isnt completed yet and he isnt officially a Brighton player, he is still under contract to turn up for training at Bournemouth.

So many people putting 2 and 2 together and getting 75,374. The delusion on here at times is incredible.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Supposed to be 10am announcement... Maybe we have simply matched your 'wage' offer...????

All a bit of a farce though, unless he comes out and says he has done the deal that is...

It's not a farce though is it. In "the old days" we'd have known nothing about this. We'd simply have heard that it had been done. So this isn't a farce, it's a negotiation. And if he values himself too highly, we'll try someone else.

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
Strong opinions there TRHK... 'the ignorant...' 'Values himself too highly...'

What if these folk are not ignorant, just a little too easily lead...

What if he doesn't think too highly of himself? Maybe he thinks BHA thinks too highly of themselves? That he doesn't in fact want to be a BHA player, after sampling it's delicacies... Surely that is allowed...

Who's the ignorant one if your thoughts come into question...

It's all fun and games...

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
As ever we have a division in opinions, the eternal optimists who feel it necessary to patronise others with a different view, and of course the pessimists who perhaps can sometimes take off their blue and white specs and afford a little concern to a situation.

rgb

Jan 14, 2014
Nothing will happen because he was getting the same salary at Bournemouth that we're offering and we have a wage structure and we'll not compromise it for some league one player.

He signed a new deal at Bournemouth with their Billionaire owner which resulted in his wages being far greater than what we can offer him.

Bournemouth don't have a billionaire owner (unless you're talking Turkish Lire?)

I'm one of the few AFCB supporters who want him to go and there's a wider bunch who are apathetic to his leaving. He's not ted Mac/Colin clarke/Phil Boyer/Danny Ings (one for the youngsters there) so not as great a loss as some players we've lost in the past.

I'm not sure he'll fit your game (based on twice I've seen you this season) as he plays the lone-man up front well, when we press high up the pitch and I don't believe that's your style of playing. He works hard but he's often slow to see that he needs to drop back a couple of yards from the 'D' to receive the ball and I've seen what happens when defenders work out that he doesn't see a pass coming and react more quickly than him. He's quick, so if he's got the ball, he's a threat, however he rarely passes when a team-mate is in a better goal scoring position until it's too late. He's missed more chances than he's actually scored this season and his quite one-footed (his left foot efforts are tame and easily saved, can't actually recall him even getting a knock-in with his left foot)

If he has a bad run, then your boo-boys are gong to get on the back of an ex-Palace player, I dunno. I want him out of Dean Court now but I just don't see him fitting in at Brighton.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Bournemouth don't have a billionaire owner (unless you're talking Turkish Lire?)

I'm one of the few AFCB supporters who want him to go and there's a wider bunch who are apathetic to his leaving. He's not ted Mac/Colin clarke/Phil Boyer/Danny Ings (one for the youngsters there) so not as great a loss as some players we've lost in the past.

I'm not sure he'll fit your game (based on twice I've seen you this season) as he plays the lone-man up front well, when we press high up the pitch and I don't believe that's your style of playing. He works hard but he's often slow to see that he needs to drop back a couple of yards from the 'D' to receive the ball and I've seen what happens when defenders work out that he doesn't see a pass coming and react more quickly than him. He's quick, so if he's got the ball, he's a threat, however he rarely passes when a team-mate is in a better goal scoring position until it's too late. He's missed more chances than he's actually scored this season and his quite one-footed (his left foot efforts are tame and easily saved, can't actually recall him even getting a knock-in with his left foot)

If he has a bad run, then your boo-boys are gong to get on the back of an ex-Palace player, I dunno. I want him out of Dean Court now but I just don't see him fitting in at Brighton.

After talking to the player and talking money, plus the reasons you state, might be the reason there's no deal yet.
Also depends if BHAFC think they can improve him and make him a better player.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Self righteous? What you on about? He was in talks last night, there's no negative news yet but so much fretting.
Some people are showing concern that a the deal was not concluded and that the player is back at Bournemouth training. Just because you share a different opinion it doesn't mean everyone else is a bed wetter.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
2 and 2 together? I think people are using the facts:
If a player is at training he is staying forever.
If he misses training he is off and simply after money and there is no loyalty in football these days.
If he is last off of the pitch he is off as he is clearly saying goodbye to the fans.
If a player is deemed to have not committed fully to a challenge their head has gone and they clearly want out.
If negotiations are more than 5 mins than we have no cash and can't afford anyone and it is all a farce.

What is not to get? :wink:

The facts according to NSC - yes of course, must have missed those :wrong:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Some people are showing concern that a the deal was not concluded and that the player is back at Bournemouth training. Just because you share a different opinion it doesn't mean everyone else is a bed wetter.

Whatever being a bed-wetter means. Does it mean someone who panics ? Someone who is liberal-minded ? A regular poster ? Or just someone with a different view ? Or all those. It's a mystery.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Naylor using his text even if the transfer hasn't happened!

AndyNaylorArgus: Inside today's paper an in-depth look at what #bhafc will be getting if Grabban eventually signs.

Country Seagull

Jan 11, 2013
The Echo sports journo on twitter recons he's signing

Neil Perrett ‏@neilperrettecho 1m

#afcb Grabban update: Understood to be close to finalising move to #bhafc. Needs to sign by noon to be available tomorrow.

Neil Perrett ‏@neilperrettecho 10s

Think he was heading back to Bournemouth rather than Dean Court earlier. #afcb

Last edited:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

I don't think anyone's actually wet the bed. It's a phrase for the over-reaction of no news. I'm itching to see whether he signs, but saying the club have to act/resort/panic is quite maddening.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Shambles, sack the board etc etc. Get a grip. You'd think it was the last day of the transfer window based on some of the comments here.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
SAKE guys. NSC can be such a bed wetters convention at times. TB is in Australia which has apparently complicated things according to the Argus. He has to do a medical anyway even if he agrees terms so don't expect any movement this morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here