Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Mason and Lewis Grabban

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Interesting. So, is this all press speculation?

Possibly ?

Who knows, if the release clause is well known maybe his agent trying to get him a move. Or maybe Howe just doesn't want to discuss it at the moment.

Say what you like about Naylor but he does tend to only print stuff that has some substance whether it happens or not.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I knew I hadn't imagined it...Mason scored against us at the Amex in the 2-2 v Cardiff in the first season at the Amex. 1:35 in this video:

[yt]CN5fXhFGznI[/yt]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It seems that signing Joe Mason comes with Ashley Barnes' endorsement. Thanks for that Ash.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/10936604._/?

Ashley claims in this that Mason isn't really suited to playing up front as a main striker. This footage suggests that he's more like a 'fox-in-the-box', as most of the goals are from inside six yards, and those that don't are him running on to a through ball. If Barnes is right, and we play him on the flank, it might be useful to have someone who can get in the box and score as our wide players haven't exactly been prolific of late.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Would be good to get some team strengthening now to get them in training before Saturday

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Would be good to get some team strengthening now to get them in training before Saturday

I'm surprised we hav'nt brought anyone in yet as we're getting a bit short on the attacking front.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I knew I hadn't imagined it...Mason scored against us at the Amex in the 2-2 v Cardiff in the first season at the Amex. 1:35 in this video:

[yt]CN5fXhFGznI[/yt]

Getting confused..........the team playing in RED keeps LETTING-IN goals! ???

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Were really not that short. But an additional body up there would be good.

I think we are, We've got 2 strikers who have both been injured for quite a while and neither are really match fit yet. LuaLua is our only pacey winger with any real experience and we've just lost our main goal scoring threat from central midfield. Orlandi is still working his way back to fitness and although Lopez scored last week he's still inconsistent.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Howe saying Grabban is central to his plans for this season. Looks like they will play hard ball if we come in with an offer, and presumably would want a replacement in if we were successful. All speculation of course.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Howe saying Grabban is central to his plans for this season. Looks like they will play hard ball if we come in with an offer, and presumably would want a replacement in if we were successful. All speculation of course.

If there's a release clause of £1.1 Million, there's not alot Mr Howe can do if the player wants to go!

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Yes it's almost like if you offer the 1.1 million 'alleged' trigger amount, he's yours!

God knows what will happen, but for the meantime, no offer has been made and then the player needs to decide too. As it stands it's all just speculation at the moment - god bless the January transfer window :)

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Yes it's almost like if you offer the 1.1 million 'alleged' trigger amount, he's yours!
No one is suggesting that

[/QUOTE]God knows what will happen, but for the meantime, no offer has been made[/QUOTE] How do you know?

I think someone mentioned in another post I saw, the one thing I think is great with the club now is that any transfer rumours are usually just that as the club are so discreet about these things now.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Oh the bit about the offer was only going on what Eddie Howe said. He could be lying though I know.

Why can't we ever go through a nice transfer window with no one sniffing round our players. I suppose we thought it would end when the Russian came in! But like someone else said, unless you are Real, Barca or City.......it will keep on happening.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Oh the bit about the offer was only going on what Eddie Howe said. He could be lying though I know.

Why can't we ever go through a nice transfer window with no one sniffing round our players. I suppose we thought it would end when the Russian came in! But like someone else said, unless you are Real, Barca or City.......it will keep on happening.

Yup. There will always be bigger sharks in the pool. Take it as a complement that other clubs are interested - shows you're moving in the right direction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here