Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Joe Kinnear RIP

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I seem to remember him being stretchered off in what turned out to be his last game for us. He didn’t exactly get a round of applause! Have I been dreaming?

RIP Joe

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Sad news.

Does anyone remember his testimonial against Spurs March/April 76? As I recall Marsh, Venables and Mullery played for us. I think Spurs took over the North Stand as they were to do again a couple of years later.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Sad news.

Does anyone remember his testimonial against Spurs March/April 76? As I recall Marsh, Venables and Mullery played for us. I think Spurs took over the North Stand as they were to do again a couple of years later.
I was at that game and don’t recall any trouble at all . I’m sure there was no need for segregation that night, paying to go in any stand is a lot different from taking it…… two years later things were a bit different!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Sad news.

Didn’t we lose something like 5-0?

Legend has it Jimmy Greaves was due to play, but sadly got waylaid at a licensed premises somewhere 🙈

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
1712519532576.png

1712519584567.png

1712519702129.png

1712519636390.png

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Didn’t we lose something like 5-0?

Legend has it Jimmy Greaves was due to play, but sadly got waylaid at a licensed premises somewhere 🙈
Greaves did play but my memory says Stan Bowles did too , just looked it up ….he didn’t

1712520230359.png

Ghost of Killer Reeves

Oct 3, 2020
Somerset
I seem to remember him being stretchered off in what turned out to be his last game for us. He didn’t exactly get a round of applause! Have I been dreaming?

RIP Joe
I remember a bloke in the South Stand giving him dogs abuse when stretchered off . I think, though could be wrong, it related to a missed penalty in the previous game which hampered our promotion push.
RIP Joe

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think
I remember a bloke in the South Stand giving him dogs abuse when stretchered off . I think, though could be wrong, it related to a missed penalty in the previous game which hampered our promotion push.
RIP Joe
I think you are right

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Wimbledon finished 6th in The Premier League under him in 1994, he led them to both domestic cup semi finals in 1997, he won The FA Cup, 2 League Cups and The UEFA Cup with Spurs as a player before joining Albion and played 26 times for Ireland. A great football character. RIP.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Aged 77 but had vascular dementia for 10 years ☹️

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here