Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joao Pedro Brazilian Maestro

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
They did during the first game of the season, boo'd him every time he had the ball etc.... I had to look it up for the reason and only then found out about the Luton/Watford bitter rivalry.

Apparently his first goal in England was for Watford V Luton which was a 1-0 win, which endeared him even further to the boo boys.
They made some highly unpleasant references as well.

I'm not going, but we need to properly back the lad from the stands

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
The thing that leaps out for me with him is his work rate. It would be easy for him to focus on the attacking side of his game but if a team is breaking from a corner you know that he will be leading the chase. I have noticed this a few times but at West Ham it peaked. His attitude seems top class.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
They made some highly unpleasant references as well.

I'm not going, but we need to properly back the lad from the stands
He's got 3 goals and an assist in his five games against them. If you exclude his hat-trick on Saturday skewing the stats, they're by far the team he's most prolific against in his career! Think he relishes playing in games like that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The thing that leaps out for me with him is his work rate. It would be easy for him to focus on the attacking side of his game but if a team is breaking from a corner you know that he will be leading the chase. I have noticed this a few times but at West Ham it peaked. His attitude seems top class.
It does but he does seem to got tired quickly when he's not on a good day.

He busted a gut in the hope Welbeck would cross, there have been games when that effort wouldn't have been so apparent.

Kind of as you'd expect from a youngest new to the EPL.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
#7 in the The Guardian's FA Cup round-up is interesting

João Pedro may be the next Brighton star sold for a healthy profit on the circa £30m fee paid to Watford

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
#7 in the The Guardian's FA Cup round-up is interesting

João Pedro may be the next Brighton star sold for a healthy profit on the circa £30m fee paid to Watford

5 mins ago it was Fergie after he'd banged in a couple. Then Pervis. Then Mitoma. Signs of success I guess.

I think these rags look at us as a football M&S, top quality stuff that all another club needs to do it waltz in, wave a few sheckles and we'd doff our caps, know our place and be grateful for their patronage.

To$$ers.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Unfortunately I think that Luton fans will sing some songs that are particularly unpleasant and libellous.
A nice winning goal by Joao with him cupping his ears to them will do the trick

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As good as he is, you feel he could get even better and become an absolute superstar.
I agree. Much as he's had some amazing moments, I still feel he's nowhere near as good as he can be. I mean that in a positive way- he's still got plenty to learn and so much scope for improvement. His control lets him down at times and, somewhat strangely, you might think, his finishing could be a lot better.

If he's scored 18 goals having not played his absolute best yet, what's he going to be like when he really nails it? That's the exciting thing.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Unfortunately I think that Luton fans will sing some songs that are particularly unpleasant and libellous.
And we have Palace at the weekend, so we'll have to put up with the good names of our players being maliciously dragged through the dirt twice this week

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Judging by the rampant homophobia I witnessed from a decent number of Luton fans at the Amex back in August, I'd imagine those won't be the only unpleasant chants we hear tomorrow.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I agree. Much as he's had some amazing moments, I still feel he's nowhere near as good as he can be. I mean that in a positive way- he's still got plenty to learn and so much scope for improvement. His control lets him down at times and, somewhat strangely, you might think, his finishing could be a lot better.

If he's scored 18 goals having not played his absolute best yet, what's he going to be like when he really nails it? That's the exciting thing.
Yes. Lots of scope to get even better, especially in hold up play.

It will be at least a couple of years before he peaks in my view

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Judging by the rampant homophobia I witnessed from a decent number of Luton fans at the Amex back in August, I'd imagine those won't be the only unpleasant chants we hear tomorrow.

I really don't like generalising, but Luton fans are on the whole a right bunch of see you next Tuesdays in my experience

Happy to tar Chelsea fans with the same brush, too

Other than that, I'm not keen on generalising 🙂

Back on topic, it would be so sweet if he scored a few tomorrow night to wrap up the game. Here's hoping - what a season he's having!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I really don't like generalising, but Luton fans are on the whole a right bunch of see you next Tuesdays in my experience

Happy to tar Chelsea fans with the same brush, too

Other than that, I'm not keen on generalising 🙂

Back on topic, it would be so sweet if he scored a few tomorrow night to wrap up the game. Here's hoping - what a season he's having!
To be honest. I’d be a c**t if I had to live in Luton.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Special.

We cannot lost him in the Summer, not for any amount of money.
We can and we will because the sum in question will be considerably higher than what you perceive 'any amount' to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here