Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joao Pedro Brazilian Maestro

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There's a LOT to love about him – he's certainly come a long way since he stepped onto the pitch at half time during the Everton massacre!

The one thing that lets him down a bit, for me, is his first touch. More often than not, it's not great and the ball ends up miles away from him – sometimes at the feet of the opposition. But that no way diminishes his many attributes. Possibly the best penalty taker the Albion have ever had?
Sorry if I’m missing something, but what Everton massacre was JP involved in? Did you mean something else?

He was class last night but still blows hot and cold. Can’t see anyone coming in for him anytime soon from the greedy 7 myself. Long way off the finished article.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Sorry if I’m missing something, but what Everton massacre was JP involved in? Did you mean something else?

He was class last night but still blows hot and cold. Can’t see anyone coming in for him anytime soon from the greedy 7 myself. Long way off the finished article.
He's talking about when he was presented to the fans last season when we let Everton thrash us simply so we could relegate Leeds United The Champions of Europe.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
He's scored 4 goals in open play this season ? Can't see many teams paying what we would require somehow.
I can see a Cucurella and Caicedo binfest scramble in the summer personally, especially if he continues at the heights he’s reached recently

We all know Albion have no right to hang onto players rich clubs want :lolol:

Can you imagine a summer where we aren’t swooped on?

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
He’s improving all the time..also rather enjoyed his four fingers up and cut throat goal celebration. Of course that almost turned out horribly premature! I very much hope he stays beyond this season as a minimum.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The only way he leaves is if the club put a ridiculously high, prohibitive, price tag on him that only the stupidest and most poorly run club would be willing to pay...

...oh, bye then

Jimmy Grimble

Of all the qualities I expected him to have, headering the ball like Alan Shearer was not one of them.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
And he now has 7 from open play and 15 in total.
So 4 in open play in epl in half a season. Hardly great.

I suspect we would not entertain anything under 90m this early in his contract so I would be shocked if anyone came close to this number in the summer unless he gets up to at least 15 goals in open play.

We will get at least one more season out of him after this I reckon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here