Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joao Pedro Brazilian Maestro

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
De Zerbi already saying it will be tough to keep him for the next year!!!

PLEASE can we get at least two seasons out of him?! I know the club model but it’s so depressing to think he might not be here next season!
We can survive at this level selling our best players. We won’t survive at this level selling them after one season. He’ll be here until at least next Summer, I’m certain of that.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
One of the best and focused Pen takers in Europe imo - All about his balance - sends keepers the wrong way every time

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

PLEASE can we get at least two seasons out of him?! I know the club model but it’s so depressing to think he might not be here next season!
Agree.

There’s the aspiration of top 10 and the business model.

Difficult to achieve the former, whilst continually doing the latter…..

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

That was a weird thing to say, Pedro wasn’t a £6m bargain he cost £30m if he finishes with 25 goals he’s going to cost £130m and I’m wondering who can afford to pay that in the summer in the PL. City although they don’t need him, Arsenal possibly although they can’t keep spending, Chelsea would they dare with another Albion player?
Liverpool don’t need him and don’t go that high.
Man Utd need to sell to meet FFP and so do Newcastle.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Agree.

There’s the aspiration of top 10 and the business model.

Difficult to achieve the former, whilst continually doing the latter…..
Brighton going 9th, 6th, and well on course for another top ten finish, whilst selling Caicedo, Cucurella, Trossard, Bissouma, MacAllister and White is at least supporting the hypothesis that you can sell the best players and finish top 10.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Brighton going 9th, 6th, and well on course for another top ten finish, whilst selling Caicedo, Cucurella, Trossard, Bissouma, MacAllister and White is at least supporting the hypothesis that you can sell the best players and finish top 10.
But what could have been achieved if we had kept half of them, I maintain we would have had a title challenge.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That was a weird thing to say, Pedro wasn’t a £6m bargain he cost £30m if he finishes with 25 goals he’s going to cost £130m and I’m wondering who can afford to pay that in the summer in the PL. City although they don’t need him, Arsenal possibly although they can’t keep spending, Chelsea would they dare with another Albion player?
Liverpool don’t need him and don’t go that high.
Man Utd need to sell to meet FFP and so do Newcastle.
Salah to Saudi would change everything for Liverpool.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
There's a LOT to love about him – he's certainly come a long way since he stepped onto the pitch at half time during the Everton massacre!

The one thing that lets him down a bit, for me, is his first touch. More often than not, it's not great and the ball ends up miles away from him – sometimes at the feet of the opposition. But that no way diminishes his many attributes. Possibly the best penalty taker the Albion have ever had?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
The thing I am loving at the moment is his improvement at holding the ball up, retaining possession & getting others involved. Earlier in the season anytime the ball was played up to him he would try some sort of flick or turn with it that would never work out. It was very frustrating. Now he seems to use the ball so much better when high up the pitch.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
But not on an ongoing basis.
See Southampton.
Hopefully, we are the exception

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If being really really critical, how many goals has he scored from open play this season? Still think he's missed too many. And it was frustrating that he seemed to convert about 4 one on ones into going back to the player behind him tonight.

Big potential still. No ready for a massive club yet.
He's scored 5 from open play with 2 assists. Most of the (8) penalties he's also won himself.
He has 13 goals in total, 7 in the PL.
His open play PL goals were the shot v Man Utd (A), the header v Forest (A) , and glancing header v Chelsea (A)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here