Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joao Pedro Brazilian Maestro

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Changed the game. Again.

He’s our best forward and one of the first name’s on the team sheet for me and yet starts most weeks on the bench before coming on and making us look better.

Surely this is a RDZ blind spot? I can’t see any justification for not starting him every week.

I don’t know what Ferguson has to do to be dropped. Been poor most of the season. The kid needs a rest.
To be fair to Fergie, he's only scored one goal fewer than JP, has been injured/ill (cant remember which) and looked sensational against the barcodes.

It's all about game management with both of them.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Maybe Roberto might start him now?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We have a current Brazilian international striker playing for us. Let that sink in
Although he's hardly in the same class as Rivelino, Pele, Jairzinho, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Neymar etc though.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
To be fair to Fergie, he's only scored one goal fewer than JP, has been injured/ill (cant remember which) and looked sensational against the barcodes.

It's all about game management with both of them.
He’s featured in 13 of our 15 games this season so far and Newcastle aside hasn’t played well. He’s looked his age in a lot of games, not holding the ball up or using it well and looking heavy legged. I don’t blame him, personally I think he’s played too much this year for his age and he needs a break. And Pedro offers us far more at the moment anyway and should be first choice every game he’s fit.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Jonny Cantor said of his attempts to rev the crowd up that he reminded him of Knockaert, someone who wants the best from the crowd to give his best back

Give that man a chant already

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
He’s featured in 13 of our 15 games this season so far and Newcastle aside hasn’t played well. He’s looked his age in a lot of games, not holding the ball up or using it well and looking heavy legged. I don’t blame him, personally I think he’s played too much this year for his age and he needs a break. And Pedro offers us far more at the moment anyway and should be first choice every game he’s fit.
Harsh on his performance at Old Trafford.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
He just has to learn when to try the fancy flicks and when to play it simple, when to be selfish and go for goal and when to lay it off. Once he has sorted these parts of his game, we will see the best of him.
Fati, I think showed him how to do it yesterday for the second goal. I suspect if it had been JP running with the ball, he wouldn't have laid it off to Adingra, but would have tried to shoot himself.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Losing 2-1

Diaz at the double to win it for Colombia. Wild celebrations, with his newly released father watching on emotionally from the stands.

Joao Pedro had a fairly quiet 70 minutes. He'll hopefully get another opportunity to play some part against Argentina next Wednesday night.

The South American qualifiers are rarely dull. An enjoyable watch.

Last edited:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
In other Brazil news, Endrick got his first Cap last night. Youngest Brazil full International since Ronaldo in 1994 and he's off to Real Madrid next season.

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
In other Brazil news, Endrick got his first Cap last night. Youngest Brazil full International since Ronaldo in 1994 and he's off to Real Madrid next season.
Been doing well for Palmeiras who look like winning the league again after being 12 points behind Botafogo not so long ago. Botafogo doing an Arsenal which is quite funny because of John Textor who, incidentally, had a foul mouthed rant live on TV after a recent match accusing corruption.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here