Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joao Pedro Brazilian Maestro

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He should have scored that chance and you could see on his face how disappointed he was with himself.

But this is not another Maupay, the boy is class. In time and with more experience that brings composure (he’s just turned 22 which is really young still for a PL forward), I am more than confident he will start banging them in regularly. He has so much ability it’s frightening, comfortably our best forward at the moment and needs to start every game he’s fit.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Love this guy

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Once again a star for us. Great movement, should in my opinion have had a penalty for the 'shoulder challenge' and was in the right place for our opener. Just said to my Dutch, Watford supporting mate whom I bought a ticket for last night, that the bigger clubs missed a trick not signing him.

Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Changed the game. Again.

He’s our best forward and one of the first name’s on the team sheet for me and yet starts most weeks on the bench before coming on and making us look better.

Surely this is a RDZ blind spot? I can’t see any justification for not starting him every week.

I don’t know what Ferguson has to do to be dropped. Been poor most of the season. The kid needs a rest.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Changed the game. Again.

He’s our best forward and one of the first name’s on the team sheet for me and yet starts most weeks on the bench before coming on and making us look better.

Surely this is a RDZ blind spot? I can’t see any justification for not starting him every week.

I don’t know what Ferguson has to do to be dropped. Been poor most of the season. The kid needs a rest.

I’ve liked him from the beginning. Direct, incredible pace in an understated Will Buckley way, that scares defences and takes a brilliant pen.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
RdZ complained about him being lazy at the start of the season, I worry he’s seen as having blotted his copybook and RdZ is reluctant to change his mind (see Trossard) on such things

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Languishing style at times. But his reading of the game seems good and his touches. A lot of players a bit under par at present - as above Fergie is a bit…

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Languishing style at times. But his reading of the game seems good and his touches. A lot of players a bit under par at present - as above Fergie is a bit…

I remember Muzza (Withdean) and Berbatov getting slagged off by (just a few) for that very thing.

Personally at that time, I thought Muzza was just laid back brilliant.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Joao Pedro has been called up to the senior Brazilian national football team for the first time (for two World Cup qualifiers later this month, one at the Maracana against Argentina).
Amazing for him and well deserved and another young player getting international call ups and recognition from being at Brighton. Won’t do any harm attracting the next stars either

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m still waiting for the superstar within him. It will come soon if it comes. He’s probably going to start against Ajax… go do it boy
He’s got the stage now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here