[Albion] Joao Pedro Brazilian Maestro

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He has the bollocks, but I don't think last night or his second one against Athens were great penalties technically. Keeper goes the right way and they would likely be saved. On the other hand, is he sending the keeper the wrong way or reading the keeper? If he is, he is great at it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He has the bollocks, but I don't think last night or his second one against Athens were great penalties technically. Keeper goes the right way and they would likely be saved. On the other hand, is he sending the keeper the wrong way or reading the keeper? If he is, he is great at it.
Think he went the opposite way to the keeper (without putting real power behind it either) - suggests he's 'done' the keeper - so the latter.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I think he is. As you say - keeper goes the right way, they're easy to save. But how many has he scored for us now 4? (and was there one in a friendly as well?) Scored them all. That's not luck and too far from the law of averages not to be connected to whatever it is he is doing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
nailed on to score a penalty against Liverpool now, then the ref will get a whisper in his ear, and he will miss the re taken penalty.
:oops:
I'm just concerned how knackered our players will be when we have to replay the match as well. As if we didn't have enough games.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think he is. As you say - keeper goes the right way, they're easy to save. But how many has he scored for us now 4? (and was there one in a friendly as well?) Scored them all. That's not luck and too far from the law of averages not to be connected to whatever it is he is doing.
I think the current average for a penalty is 0.78 so, if he misses his next one for us, he'll be pretty much in line with it.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Think he went the opposite way to the keeper (without putting real power behind it either) - suggests he's 'done' the keeper - so the latter.
I looked at him closely, and he stares at the keeper but for the last few strides then looks down at the ball so I can't really work out how he knows which way the keeper is going

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
After he scored his first one against Chelsea in the Summer Series, my brother said that he has a bit of the Ivan Toney's about his style. He's been right so far. Long may it continue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports