Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joao Pedro Brazilian Maestro

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Was their more pressure on this penalty than Ali Mac had for the Man U one

I’d say more for Manure …. the stakes of making Europe, winning at that stage was important, plus in the final seconds.

What was special about Pedro this evening was that he’s able to shut out home fan noise and stuff behind the goal, as well as all the cheating - scuffing the pen spot, goalie attempted mind games, huge delay, encroachment.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Irrespective of his penalties he looks like a player with energy that will make things happen. He is not a natural goal scorer but has a great work ethic.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Impressive player.
Would not have blamed him if he'd scuffed the pen.
I couldn't watch, and I was at home watching on the telly.

He was as cool as the proverbial.
Looks to be a top, top, top, top, top player.
Hint. I get updates from Flashscore who were 90 seconds ahead of the tv. I knew we‘d scored so could watch the penalty and enjoy it.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I only had the radio commentary. It was evident that the pressure and noise level as he lined up his penalty was intense…
He kept cool , controlled his emotions and scored! To do so in such conditions is top class… Give the man a medal …

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Mac was obviously a great penalty taker for us. But, as someone who only ever sees our games on telly (I live overseas), whenever the camera would zoom in on his face before the kick, I'd look at him and feel worried. He'd then score, but I'd be watching through my fingers because I felt like I could see the pressure in his demeanour.

When Joao Pedro steps up, I see his face and think "he knows he's going to score this".

None of which tells us anything important really, but Joao Pedro's calmness in these situations is insane.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I only had the radio commentary. It was evident that the pressure and noise level as he lined up his penalty was intense…
He kept cool , controlled his emotions and scored! To do so in such conditions is top class… Give the man a medal …
I have no idea how he kept his composure. The level of noise was something I’ve never experienced as in you couldn’t hear the person next to you. Plus the scuffed penalty spot.

My heart rate according to my watch went right up to 160 and I was only watching.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think he's going to keep developing and improving all the time, he looks like a really promising player and I'm sure we're going to bank a huge profit on him before too much longer.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
When Joao Pedro steps up, I see his face and think "he knows he's going to score this".

None of which tells us anything important really, but Joao Pedro's calmness in these situations is insane.
Watching at home - when we won the pen my Dad asked who would be taking it. I said "Joao Pedro will take it and he will score".

I liked him from day one, but I'm starting to love him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here