Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joao Pedro Brazilian Maestro

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
He was excellent. He is going to be particularly useful for that long low ball through the press up high straight to the forward that we are developing after some 6 yard box 5 a side. Evan and Wellbeck hold the ball up well in those circumstances but his ability to spin his defender and get us going straiht away with rapid wingers is deadly.

One slight word of caution - and not to be a misery arse - just to slightly counter the HES THE NEXT RONALDO! - a few times got caught with his head down trying to take everyone on when he needed to release it early a la Mitoma. But I reckon De Zerbi's the perfect guy for that kind of fine tuning.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He was announced to us at the Everton game.

It's a sing - boooooooooooooooooooooo hhh oooooooooooooooo
João must have wondered what the hell he was letting himself in for. We're being battered by Everton and he's standing there glumly at half time in his enormous puffer jacket receiving a smattering of half-arsed applause from the small number of folks that hadn't gone for a piss or a pint and who weren't engrossed in their phones. Not exactly a hero's welcome :lol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
João must have wondered what the hell he was letting himself in for. We're being battered by Everton and he's standing there glumly at half time in his enormous puffer jacket receiving a smattering of half-arsed applause from the small number of folks that hadn't gone for a piss or a pint and who weren't engrossed in their phones. Not exactly a hero's welcome :lol:
Nah, he played at Vicarage Road. That’s normal there.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Absolute class. Him playing at 10, Ferguson as CF, Mitoma and Adingra as wingers, Caicedo and Dahoud ( rotating with Gilmour and Gross) and our normal back four.
Joao Pedro just moves with such ease and can do everything it seems.
In part, I agree, although I've thought that Adingra looks less impactful at RW than his preferred LW. Only a 1st impression though, so probably wrong

Jul 7, 2003
In part, I agree, although I've thought that Adingra looks less impactful at RW than his preferred LW. Only a 1st impression though, so probably wrong
And let's not forget Solly on the right wing who also gives good protection to the full back.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I miss the days we had to sing we’d run on the pitch if one of our strikers managed to somehow score. Now we’re saying we’ve got an R9 / Henry 😂

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Absolute class. Him playing at 10, Ferguson as CF, Mitoma and Adingra as wingers, Caicedo and Dahoud ( rotating with Gilmour and Gross) and our normal back four.
Joao Pedro just moves with such ease and can do everything it seems.
Just wanna say, because I've read this a few times since yesterday, Adingra has scored almost all his goals from the left or cutting in from the left, and there's no way he's getting in ahead of March on the right currently, especially when you factor in RDZs preference for wingers that prefer their other foot. Sure, he's an option if absolutely needed there but Adingra and Mitoma are fighting it out for LW.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He's unreal, what a time to be alive! It's sad that Ferguson hasn't got the number 9 shirt but Pedro justifies the decision to back him.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He's unreal, what a time to be alive! It's sad that Ferguson hasn't got the number 9 shirt but Pedro justifies the decision to back him.
I know it's just numbers but really surprised JP wasn't given 10 and Ferguson 9.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
He was excellent. He is going to be particularly useful for that long low ball through the press up high straight to the forward that we are developing after some 6 yard box 5 a side. Evan and Wellbeck hold the ball up well in those circumstances but his ability to spin his defender and get us going straiht away with rapid wingers is deadly.

One slight word of caution - and not to be a misery arse - just to slightly counter the HES THE NEXT RONALDO! - a few times got caught with his head down trying to take everyone on when he needed to release it early a la Mitoma. But I reckon De Zerbi's the perfect guy for that kind of fine tuning.
Well even R9 had some questionable decision making to go alongside the breathtaking brilliance

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I miss the days we had to sing we’d run on the pitch if one of our strikers managed to somehow score. Now we’re saying we’ve got an R9 / Henry 😂
Indeed. And remember those transfer windows where we'd get more and more desperate to sign a striker, any striker, before the window SLAMMED shut? There'd be about twenty minutes to go and someone would post about how they'd seen a Spurs reserve in the lobby of the Grand Hotel or something. Others would then post "Yes! Tony! Don't worry about the price sign him now! It's essential! If Murray is still our main striker when the window shuts we're doomed!"

It was only a few years ago but it seems like a different era. Well it was I guess.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
He was also up against that big galoot in the first half who's a centre half by trade. So he had him on toast repeatedly. When Mitma came on he went over to the right and was up against Rico Henry who's a quick fullback and found it harder. It's why Solly comes in and for the time being Adingra comes on as a late threat imo. Solly has developed a ton of tricks and tools to get past, round or through any defender over the years. Good person to learn off!

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He was also up against that big galoot in the first half who's a centre half by trade. So he had him on toast repeatedly. When Mitma came on he went over to the right and was up against Rico Henry who's a quick fullback and found it harder. It's why Solly comes in and for the time being Adingra comes on as a late threat imo. Solly has developed a ton of tricks and tools to get past, round or through any defender over the years. Good person to learn off!
You think Joao Pedro will be learning "off" Solly March?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I was talking about Adingra. I don't know if I put my response in the wrong place.
Having re-read the post, you do mention Adingra so I think it was my error! I think Adingra's going to be a fantastic player for us and I hope he takes a long term view and allows himself the time to settle in without an expectation to play every game.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
You think Joao Pedro will be learning "off" Solly March?
🫤
I was talking about Adingra. I don't know if I put my response in the wrong place.
March can’t finish like Adingra he’s a natural, how many times have we seen March smack the ball straight at the keeper when all he has to do is use the keeper to find the far corner. He has his good points especially the defensive side of the game although there is a reason why Mitoma has three on him and March doesn’t.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
🫤

March can’t finish like Adingra he’s a natural, how many times have we seen March smack the ball straight at the keeper when all he has to do is use the keeper to find the far corner. He has his good points especially the defensive side of the game although there is a reason why Mitoma has three on him and March doesn’t.
Actually, defences fear them both - which is exactly why Mitoma was WAY less effective towards the end of last season, in the games when March was absent. If March is out there (rather than, Buonanotte, for example) then they CAN'T 'put three on MItoma'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here