[Albion] Joao Pedro Brazilian Maestro

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
There's every reason to think next season could be even better and even more astounding.

1. Early business to sign new striker Joao Pedro. We already create the most chances in the PL.
2. The ascent of Billy Gilmour.
3. Youngsters Ferguson, Enciso, Buonanotte, Ayari are all going to get better.
4. Mac and Caicedo are still here and will only be allowed to leave for a huge profit. AFAIK, there have been no offers received.

5. James Milner to join, been there and done that, won pretty much everything you can in the UK and yet another experienced head on their shoulders for the young guns to emulate.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
There's every reason to think next season could be even better and even more astounding.

1. Early business to sign new striker Joao Pedro. We already create the most chances in the PL.
4. Mac and Caicedo are still here and will only be allowed to leave for a huge profit. AFAIK, there have been no offers received.
Moder to return.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Trouble is, other teams will be better too, possibly by buying Brighton players.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

-Loanees to come back (Adingra in particular)
-One or two sparkling U23s possibly ready (Moran, Peupion for example)

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Trouble is, other teams will be better too, possibly by buying Brighton players.
Some will be better. Some won't. What matters is our own improvement relative to other clubs.

Think back to a year ago. Very few teams have improved more than us. Arsenal maybe. Newcastle due to Saudi money. Nobody else though.
Now consider our succession planning. Potter to RDZ. Cucu to Estupinan. Trossard to Mitoma. Every one an upgrade in a favourable deal.

Is any player irreplaceable? No. We saw this in the Wolves result, when Gilmour and Gross stepped up to the plate. Perhaps the Wolves result is a glimpse into the future...

Will the club have a plan A, B and C to replace Mac and/or Caicedo? Judging from past experience, not only do we have a plan, but it has also already been implemented.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
They can't all get Brighton players
Indeed. And it is very unlikely we would sell two players to the same rival club.

In the end, the key bargaining tool we have, is that we don't need to sell anyone. Unless the price is right of course (e.g. Cucurella for 65m).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There is a tendency in some of us, me included, normally, to repeatedly have in the back of their mind, and often the front, that thought that it will suddenly all go tits up, and we'll be back in the middle of the Championship, this time with the notion of EPL football a reminiscence rather than an aspiration, crowds of 14,000, RDZ and his less successful yet still exciting Scandinavian successor long gone, to be replaced by a plucky Rosenior . . . .

The more I run through it the more I think, really? The whole point about The Albion is the incremental and deeply-planned process. There is no reason to expect to fall of a rock face if you have all the right kit, and have set up all the jamming, stemming and laying back.

As long as Tony Bloom is at the helm.....and he will doubtless be developing a succession plan for himself.

It may not always be like this (that little voice in my head again, do f*** off, little voice), but it is bloody lovely right now. No complaints from me.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
There is a tendency in some of us, me included, normally, to repeatedly have in the back of their mind, and often the front, that thought that it will suddenly all go tits up, and we'll be back in the middle of the Championship, this time with the notion of EPL football a reminiscence rather than an aspiration, crowds of 14,000, RDZ and his less successful yet still exciting Scandinavian successor long gone, to be replaced by a plucky Rosenior . . . .

The more I run through it the more I think, really? The whole point about The Albion is the incremental and deeply-planned process. There is no reason to expect to fall of a rock face if you have all the right kit, and have set up all the jamming, stemming and laying back.

As long as Tony Bloom is at the helm.....and he will doubtless be developing a succession plan for himself.

It may not always be like this (that little voice in my head again, do f*** off, little voice), but it is bloody lovely right now. No complaints from me.
Evolution, not revolution.

I once read that if you want to predict what will happen tomorrow, you could do worse than taking a look at what happened today.

COYB. (Bloom).

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

I think the biggest problem the club has is managing fan expectations. We’ve not had a bad season since Hyypia which means a whole bunch of fans have only ever seen steady progress.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
They can't all get Brighton players
Wont be long before all the big 6/7 have a former Albion star or two. Arsenal have 2, Tottenham 1, Chelsea 1, Newcastle 1. Just the North West clubs that have yet to get one.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Wont be long before all the big 6/7 have a former Albion star or two. Arsenal have 2, Tottenham 1, Chelsea 1, Newcastle 1. Just the North West clubs that have yet to get one.

Plenty of 'boo' material then.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

Understood, which is a background to the 'wow, where we x years ago' posts and threads, which seem somewhat passé now; we have moved on. But that does not exclude relegation or regression to lower half of table. You are right, there is little not to like presently, but sport generally and football in particular, is inherently unpredictable. A few players injured/losing form/ losing direction and it can quickly reverse. Expect the unexpected.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Pedro looked happy to be here 😂

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Understood, which is a background to the 'wow, where we x years ago' posts and threads, which seem somewhat passé now; we have moved on. But that does not exclude relegation or regression to lower half of table. You are right, there is little not to like presently, but sport generally and football in particular, is inherently unpredictable. A few players injured/losing form/ losing direction and it can quickly reverse. Expect the unexpected.
What could possibly go wrong?

:ROFLMAO:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
20230606_225417.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I get this (won’t be 14k crowds though I doubt - we were getting 25k years into the Amex in the Champs) but I have one gripe on here. As soon as we get anyone good, players or manager, everyone starts valuing them or bricking it we’ll lose them. Apart from Cucu it’s rarely true. As soon as RDZ did well, posts started appearing - he'd only been here a matter of months.

I know it’s a tendency with football fans and forums but I’d like to see less of it. Fergusson and Mitoma 2 other examples who have both barely been in the first team 5 mins. Grinds my gears a bit - want a bit more faith in what we are now and our Chairman etc…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports