Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Has he SINGED yet, or what?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
AliMac is BADLY advised to leave this club now.

Wrong thread I know, but this lad is a proper player. March Mitoma Ferguson Pedro…

I'd usually agree with anyone on this, but at age 24 shirley he now wants to feature in a club regularly going for CL slots.

Plus that old chestnut of doubling/tripling his income, this may well be the biggest contract of his career.

Galling as that is for us, in seeing the break up of imho a world class centre midfield.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
AliMac is BADLY advised to leave this club now.
He could have left this year or next (I forget) on a free if he’d have wanted. Instead, his signature pre-world cup is going to reward this clubs tens and tens of millions in profit. We have many players looking to take his role. Moder and Alzate spring to mind immediately of those who have had little or no game time this season. If we wan to sign the best young players in the World, we have to be prepared to let them go earlier than we’d like sadly.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I'd usually agree with anyone on this, but at age 24 shirley he now wants to feature in a club regularly going for CL slots.

Plus that old chestnut of doubling/tripling his income, this may well be the biggest contract of his career.

Galling as that is for us, in seeing the break up of imho a world class centre midfield.
We could be THAT club! And he’s only 24. If it’s City then so be it, but the rest of the toxic 6 have issues that’ll need more than our WC winner. But perhaps the club want him to move on?

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Why would we put him in a division where the quality is worse than the league he’s already playing in? He’s our record signing and apparently RDZ wanted him. Going straight in the first team squad for sure.
Pond was being ironic...

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
He could have left this year or next (I forget) on a free if he’d have wanted. Instead, his signature pre-world cup is going to reward this clubs tens and tens of millions in profit. We have many players looking to take his role. Moder and Alzate spring to mind immediately of those who have had little or no game time this season. If we wan to sign the best young players in the World, we have to be prepared to let them go earlier than we’d like sadly.
Moder or ALZATE to to replace Ali Mac, wow!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
As others have said mate, lots of deals are done in advance. Contracts are signed with a start date, first tranches of payments are made. Then on July 1st the FA process the paperwork and we get a nice picture of a confused looking young man holding up a shirt on the official website.

In football manager, I do most of my business outside of the transfer window, then have about 14 new signings all join on the same day (July 1st) :lol:
Was it not something similar to this that got Cardiff FC in court with Nantes FC about Emiliano Sala transfer? I know it's not exactly the same but what if this Pedro chap got a career ending injury [or worse] before 1st July - does this deal we have allegedly signed mean we are committed to buying him on 1st July come-what-may?

https://m.economictimes.com/news/in...plane had crashed when,his life in the crash.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Was it not something similar to this that got Cardiff FC in court with Nantes FC about Emiliano Sala transfer? I know it's not exactly the same but what if this Pedro chap got a career ending injury [or worse] before 1st July - does this deal we have allegedly signed mean we are committed to buying him on 1st July come-what-may?

https://m.economictimes.com/news/international/uk/emiliano-salas-death-in-plane-crash-pilot-told-his-friend-aircraft-was-dodgy-see-details/articleshow/94358834.cms#:~:text=The plane had crashed when,his life in the crash.

Well it will be interesting to see if he plays in Watford's last two games. If he doesn't it probably means the deal is done subject to medical, and I'm not sure Watford would risk playing him.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

https://m.economictimes.com/news/international/uk/emiliano-salas-death-in-plane-crash-pilot-told-his-friend-aircraft-was-dodgy-see-details/articleshow/94358834.cms#:~:text=The plane had crashed when,his life in the crash.

A career ending injury would likely be covered by the insurance of which ever club he played for at the time so would be different and would probably mean we’d not have to pay any transfer fee.

In the case of Cardiff and Sala he’d already signed and completed the medical and the fact a dodgy aircraft etc was used and flown by a pilot without the correct licence would have negated any insurance Cardiff had for players.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Well it will be interesting to see if he plays in Watford's last two games. If he doesn't it probably means the deal is done subject to medical, and I'm not sure Watford would risk playing him.
As I mentioned previously Pascal Gross made his final Ingolstadt appearance the day after his transfer to us was announced.

Also an injury doesn’t necessarily stop a medical taking place. It looks at way more than just their so called match fitness and looks for underlying medical conditions as well that could cause problems. Like when we pulled out of the transfer for Raphael Dwamena when a heart condition was detected during the medical.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Blimey ! Done deal then

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here