Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joao Pedro Brazilian Maestro

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Whilst the deal can be done and everything agreed, can a player actually be signed in this manner outside the transfer window? I would have thought that he will be contracted to play for Watford until the end of the season
We signed Buanonotte before Christmas but he couldn't play for us until the January window opened.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
No.

NSC has lost it's tiny mind. Again.
It depends on what you mean by "sign". Can they complete the transfer and become an Albion player outside the transfer window? No. Can Brighton agree the transfer agreement and player contract outside the transfer window? Yes. We did it with Buonanotte in November.

The key piece in the announcement is "The transfer will be concluded once the window opens in January and will be subject to work permit and all regulatory approvals".

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Talking of Roberto De Zerbi, Romano was right about him talking to Brighton, two days before being announced.

No, he isn't right 100% but then who is?
Me - on Nsc 😜

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yes seems odd. I guess they sign something from x of June now. But I want to be sure there’s no chance of a hijacking if this happens now…!
You can agree a transfer fee with a club and a contract with a player at anytime. The move is then only completed when the registration of the player can be transferred once the buying clubs transfer window happens, but once the deal is agreed and signed everything is legally binding (subject to international clearances etc).

Recent examples of deals completed announced by us when the transfer window was closed include Facundo Buonanotte (announced November) and Pascal Gross (announced in May 2017) and he actually made his final appearance for Ingolstadt the day after his transfer to us was announced.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You can agree a transfer fee with a club and a contract with a player at anytime. The move is then only completed when the registration of the player can be transferred once the buying clubs transfer window happens, but once the deal is agreed and signed everything is legally binding (subject to international clearances etc).

Recent examples of deals completed announced by us when the transfer window was closed include Facundo Buonanotte (announced November) and Pascal Gross (announced in May 2017) and he actually made his final appearance for Ingolstadt the day after his transfer to us was announced.
It’s the legally binding but I was unsure of but you Sir are an encyclopaedia of knowledge so I feel relaxed now 🤣👍

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

And famously Haaland was announced 10th May last season

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It’s the legally binding but I was unsure of but you Sir are an encyclopaedia of knowledge so I feel relaxed now 🤣👍
It works the same as any other contract, once signed its done and requires a lot of legal wrangling and lengthy court cases etc to get out of. The transfer window actually just applies to the registration of the player and being able to move it from one club to another.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Whilst the deal can be done and everything agreed, can a player actually be signed in this manner outside the transfer window? I would have thought that he will be contracted to play for Watford until the end of the season

Yeah happens regularly. If it is actually happening he'll have signed a contract dated in advance for when the window opens.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And Gonzalez
May go back in for him in the Summer I feel.. get some depth in there with some ready made players… Still think we need another CM to replace Mwepu - see how RDZ rates Alzate - Gilmour clearly not fancied…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here