Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joao Pedro Brazilian Maestro

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You might wish you never asked.

Not sure about this, it is all a bit Jerry Lee Lewis

"Watford's new signing Joao Pedro is dating 15-year-old Brazilian TV star Mel Maia. Pedro, 18, completed his move to the Hornets at the start of the January window, and has since been settling into life in England.3 Feb 2023"

View attachment 160215
Well, let's just hope the horny teenagers in love managed to wait a few months until she was 16, just like all horny teenagers do! He's 21 now, so if she's still with him she's 18 now so all perfectly legal and acceptable. Nothing to see here.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Looks a very good player, plus if true it’s a statement of intent to RDZ and squad. As there may be some big out goings unfortunately.
My take…..
Caicedo, just signed long term bigger money contract
Ferguson, as above
Mitoma, Japanese are very loyal, offer the right deal and we should be OK
Macallister, currently my only expectation of the big guns to leave.

We may also lose a keeper, wouldn’t be surprised if March is tempted elsewhere, Lamptey?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
This is a huge statement of intent. And before any exits are confirmed.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
My take…..
Ferguson, as above

We may also lose a keeper, wouldn’t be surprised if March is tempted elsewhere, Lamptey?
I think Mac and Caicedo will go. I wouldn't be surprised if Lamptey, Sanchez and Undav left too.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
My take…..
Ferguson, as above

Caicedo signed a new deal as a bit of a sweetener and also to secure the fee wanted by the club. I expect he will be allowed to leave this summer if the value of the club is met. whatever that might be.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
My take…..
Ferguson, as above

Honestly can’t see Solly attracting a suitor higher up the food chain currently, his all-round game isn’t top six standard imho.

Tariq could go, which would be sad and a ‘what could have been’ without the injury.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Caicedo signed a new deal as a bit of a sweetener and also to secure the fee wanted by the club. I expect he will be allowed to leave this summer if the value of the club is met. whatever that might be.
A sweetener that makes his value even more and a move less likely…? I can’t see him going anywhere in the Summer…

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well, let's just hope the horny teenagers in love managed to wait a few months until she was 16, just like all horny teenagers do! He's 21 now, so if she's still with him she's 18 now so all perfectly legal and acceptable. Nothing to see here.
As posted before the age of consent in Brazil is 14.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Screenshot_20230428_110753_Chrome.jpg

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

It was perfectly legal then.

Screenshot 2023-04-28 12.07.35 PM.png

levs

Jul 10, 2017
Very exciting signing if true, I like what I've seen of him so far. Ticks a lot of boxes, versatile across the forward line, has potential but also top level experience. He would provide better strength in depth, which is what we seem to be lacking at the moment

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Genuinely does anyone think that the transfer departments and the strategy of the top clubs in the premiership are swayed by what is in the media or on Twitter? These are large teams of people working with huge budgets and data driven approaches….do we think they see a tweet and go, ‘oh never thought of that ‘Joao Pedro’ bloke but seeing as some fella on Twitter says Brighton are in for him, we had better put a cheeky offer in’?
Well, other than Todd, of course not :wink:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Has to be true or he’s gonna lose all credibility. I don’t mind him breaking facts but it’s his guessing / taking what agents say as fact like Cucu deal that irks me. He’s not reporting this to get interest from elsewhere like some suggested.

Although ‘deal done yesterday’ and ‘contract BEING signed’ are completely the opposite - always leaves some wiggle room doesn’t he!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here