[Albion] Joao Pedro Brazilian Maestro

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He’s supposedly on £140k a week basic and was signed for £64 million
Just a bit out of our fee and wage structure I would think
We tried to sign Nunez when he ended up joining Benfica. Would have still commanded a £30 million fee and we seemed willing to bid somewhere near that. He chose Benfica over us as we had finished just outside the relegation zone and they obviously had CL football.

Now with two top 10 finishes in a row on the cards we suddenly become a serious option for someone like Nunez or Pedro at that stage of their career as we can offer top end PL football, add in other factors like the football we play and RDZ as coach and we are now a very attractive option.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We tried to sign Nunez when he ended up joining Benfica. Would have still commanded a £30 million fee and we seemed willing to bid somewhere near that. He chose Benfica over us as we had finished just outside the relegation zone and they obviously had CL football.

Now with two top 10 finishes in a row on the cards we suddenly become a serious option for someone like Nunez or Pedro at that stage of their career as we can offer top end PL football, add in other factors like the football we play and RDZ as coach and we are now a very attractive option.
This is interesting.

Rumours were that we matched the €34m Benfica payed (source Transfermarkt) but he picked them for the reasons you’ve outlined.

That means if the right player comes along…….

I’m convinced Mac is off. It’s actually no ‘biggie’ if TB shells out half his transfer fee on this Brazilian.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Fab seems to have a dreadful track record and to get most stuff wrong. That said I hope this one is true. Stopped clock twice a day and all that.
On transfers - it’s incredibly rare that he’d put his neck out like this for it to be wrong. He has a long, accurate track record.

On - player x or player x people are talking to club y about a leave stuff - then harder to corroborate.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
That’s just not true, he’s right a lot more than he’s wrong.

Anyway, a Watford supporting mate text me to say it would be an absolutely insane signing.

Ferguson
Mitoma Pedro March
would be some team going forward next year.
Indeed.

Their back up won’t be too shabby either:

Welbeck
Adingra Lallana Sarmiento

And their back up would probably do a job:

Undav
Enciso Groß Buonanotte

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
This is interesting.

Rumours were that we matched the €34m Benfica payed (source Transfermarkt) but he picked them for the reasons you’ve outlined.

That means if the right player comes along…….

I’m convinced Mac is off. It’s actually no ‘biggie’ if TB shells out half his transfer fee on this Brazilian.
I think the game is the same, still looking for value, and good potential for an upside in trading. Nunez would have been good value at £30M.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I’ve got a mate who’s got a loyalty card at the Watford Gap and he reckons he’s shithouse.

In all seriousness, can’t draw too much from a “show reel” but he did get tackled and caught in possession more than I would have liked!
He also didn't head the ball. Just saying.

I can't comment on his DJ-ing skills.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Fab Rom transfer news is as fake as Jordan's tits.
Like, every one can see them [tits/tweets] but rarely do you get to actually handle the goods.

And, announcing like this is not the Brighton way - first we know about most new signings is when the newbie is photographed holding up a blue & white striped shirt with a big number on it ...

#believeitwhenithappens
Agreed. Can't see us spending that much anyway, that's not our style.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I think he's a done deal. He's exactly what we go for - his name ends in 'o'. And being Brazilian, he will complete our collection of countries in South America. Apart from Chile.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports